Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else getting close to finally moving into the Hyypia out camp?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I was very pro-Hyypia early on, and have defended him numerous times against people who I thought were being far too reactionary. All throughout the season we've seen some really nice passages of play, and occasions where we have been the better team and not won.

However, his handling of the midfield has been a shambles. We've brought in:

Holla
Toko
McCourt
Texieira

And not a single one of them is being used.

If our midfield on Saturday is any of the following;

JFC ; Gardner
JFC ; Ince
JFC ; Ince ; Gardner
Ince ; Gardner

I will (sadly) be finally moving to a position of Hyypia out, as it will show that he really isn't learning quickly enough from his mistakes. Our central midfield was non-existent in the 2nd half against Fulham, and is very clearly not working at present.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am in the Hypia in camp but moving towards the out as we get progressively worse. I honestly believe the signing of Bent is his last throw of the dice and if it doesnt work amongst his Christmas cards will be his P45. That would be his and NJ just reward for not learning from their mistakes.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I was balls deep in the OUT camp since Mid October and NOTHING has changed my opinion.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Already have moved over to the 'OUT' camp, much as it saddens me to admit it. I just don't think he and the players have any sort of understanding whatsoever, regardless of whatever ability as a manager he actually possesses.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I agree that midfield is the major cause of our woes at the moment. I'd like to see Holla or Toko alongside Ince. And I am also in the Sami in camp, but only just.

JFC and Gardner are utterly bewildering . It's clear that both are so much better than their recent performances, but for whatever reason they're both playing like a blindfolded Ryan Harley, on ice, being chased by a bee. This HAS to be due to instruction from Sami.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I was very pro-Hyypia early on, and have defended him numerous times against people who I thought were being far too reactionary. All throughout the season we've seen some really nice passages of play, and occasions where we have been the better team and not won.

However, his handling of the midfield has been a shambles. Burke has brought in:

Holla
Toko
McCourt
Texieira

In fact 8 of our summer signings didnt play. COG out on loan already and Baldock benched.

Edited for accuracy.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I have moved into the out camp over the weekend, not because I thought we were bad against Fulham, far from it, but we can't forever keep losing and drawing games and being unlucky. I just can't see him turning it around is the issue.

I do believe a defeat at derby will see him go, the new man will need a few weeks before the window to asses what we need.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
We had a goal threat on Saturday but we weren't solid enough. For an ex-centre-half Hyppia should know how to fix the back six or seven. Play a traditional back 4 and 2 physical holding mid-fielders who can tackle and break up play. Their very first priority is to protect the bloody goal. If that means Halford has to play as defensive mid with Holla/Ince then so be it. Bent is up top and have three more creative players in advanced midfield. Ideally these three should still be the bigger more physical blokes in the squad (Gardner/Elliot B/Kaz/McCourt).

At the moment we're neither one thing or the other and that is down to the manager/coaches.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I find it hard to solely blame Hypia to be fair.
We seem to constantly have clear outs and rebuild of the team, can we not have a the same with the high level management team?

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
after Fulham it's inevitable that people will move in to the out camp. Given the situation it was the worst result of the season so far.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think Hyypia's been unlucky - he's had a fair amount of injuries and the breaks haven't been going his way - our last two defeats have both been by a deflected goal. It's also clear that there's a breakdown in the recruitment policy: to buy nearly a complete team over the summer and use just three of them (and one of those because of an injury) smacks of disorganisation - I'm not sure that's all Sami's doing.

But the inability to work out what to do with dead balls and the lack of any central midfield are to do with him. I'd also like to know where's hidden the Ince, who last season was being talked about as a new Vieira and who has been playing like Vera Duckworth this season; can we have the old one back please.

To paraphrase Napoleon: we don't need a good manager, but a lucky one. I don't think Hyypia is that lucky one and this week, I've moved, reluctantly, into the out camp

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I only moved into "out" at the weekend. I cannot continue to support a manager who lets his team try and sit on leads, no matter how early the goal is scored. We show a complete lack of ambition once we go ahead. It's fecking maddening to watch. Not knowing who is taking free kicks and penalties resulting in disagreements virtually every game between players is park football stuff not Championship level. We cannot cope with concentrating and fighting for the ball for 95 mins and we are often second to 50/50 balls. I am totally disillusioned with the manager we have now, in fact it is reminiscent of MA mark 2, as has been suggested by a few already. Every team seems able to carve our defence open at will, thank God they are mostly as shit at finishing as we are, as we have potentially been set up to be thrashed quite a few times this season.

I have no idea what our tactics are most of the time, maybe it is all too complicated for me.

Out out out for me and the sooner the better.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I wasnt until the weekend, we have played some good football but still not able to win. We have won once in 15 games that says it all.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
We all want to end up in the top flight, and i'm sorry but it is never ever ever going to happen with Hyypia as manager.

Even if he had the 2012/13 squad under him we wouldn't have finished in the play offs.

D

Deleted member 22389

However, his handling of the midfield has been a shambles. We've brought in:

Holla
Toko
McCourt
Texieira

If our midfield on Saturday is any of the following;

JFC ; Gardner
JFC ; Ince
JFC ; Ince ; Gardner
Ince ; Gardner

I will (sadly) be finally moving to a position of Hyypia out, as it will show that he really isn't learning quickly enough from his mistakes. Our central midfield was non-existent in the 2nd half against Fulham, and is very clearly not working at present.

I'm out. I said I would judge him after 12-13 games, well we have passed that now. Each time I have thought we where getting closer to turning a corner, it never happens. Certainly nothing wrong with our the quality of our players, whatever SH is saying just isn't working out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here