Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wooooooohhhhoooooo we have a new shop

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Next to Donatello

Get your cash out and spend spend spend guys and gals.

Anyone recommend any old tac to fill someone's stocking with? I quite liked the look of the mug with Gordon Greer's face on it

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Statler-and-waldorf.jpg

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Next to Donatello

Get your cash out and spend spend spend guys and gals.

Anyone recommend any old tac to fill someone's stocking with? I quite liked the look of the mug with Gordon Greer's face on it

To be fair to the club, they are moving a shop or outlet close to the centre of the city, which must be more convenient for most fans, than making the journey out to the stadium. Many parents will probably be thinking of buying shirts etc for their children at Xmas, and can use this whilst in town, where they are far more likely to be rather than at Falmer. Of course, looking at the situation in which the club finds itself, it is easy to be cynical and ask yourself who would want club tat, and with the frustration we all feel, this is understandable. But it is a good ploy surely -we would be moaning at lost opportunities to raise revenue. I am sure that you would not have posted this, had we been top of the league (yes, I know!!)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To be fair to the club, they are moving a shop or outlet close to the centre of the city, which must be more convenient for most fans, than making the journey out to the stadium. Many parents will probably be thinking of buying shirts etc for their children at Xmas, and can use this whilst in town, where they are far more likely to be rather than at Falmer. Of course, looking at the situation in which the club finds itself, it is easy to be cynical and ask yourself who would want club tat, and with the frustration we all feel, this is understandable. But it is a good ploy surely -we would be moaning at lost opportunities to raise revenue. I am sure that you would not have posted this, had we been top of the league (yes, I know!!)

Oh I agree. My post was tongue in cheek and I do hope it will be a sucess. Just odd that they shut a shop that a lot of people pass on their way to and from the station to one that is tucked away in the lanes. But they must have done their marketing exercise.

Shame they don't sell Driver head covers of a seagull..I'd buy one of them.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Is it a club shop or Nostalgia Shop like in The Orchards Centre Haywards Heath that has a number of GG pictures etc.

Its a pop up shop. For those of us that work in town it will be handy.
Granny (Scrooge) it might be tat to you but the kids who support the club enjoy presents from the club.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Its a pop up shop. For those of us that work in town it will be handy.
Granny (Scrooge) it might be tat to you but the kids who support the club enjoy presents from the club.

Bah humbug

😎⛄⛄🎄🎄🎄

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
It would be useful/a good idea for the club to offer a 'click and collect' service. That way, stuff not available from the pop up shop could be collected from there once bought online.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just a thought but could the club maybe go completely head-mental and open MULTIPLE pop-up shops? Without wishing to appear at all churlish or moany, the location next to Donatellos is just a TAD off the beaten track. Go on, bust the bank, open one in Churchill Square! :xmas:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Oh I agree. My post was tongue in cheek and I do hope it will be a sucess. Just odd that they shut a shop that a lot of people pass on their way to and from the station to one that is tucked away in the lanes. But they must have done their marketing exercise.

Shame they don't sell Driver head covers of a seagull..I'd buy one of them.

Sorry -I didn't mean to be too serious, and did realise that it was partly jocular. It will be great for families and in particular the kids -an opportunity I did not have way back in the 60s, and would probably have appreciated. I see your point about the station v Laines argument. But I do know what you mean - there is that slight unease about yet another somewhat undignified attempt to make more money, particularly after yet another disappointment on the pitch. But if it helps families, then great, and from previous exchanges of posts, I know that you too would only want the best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here