Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would the club pay Hyypia to resign?

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I think this could happen, if Tony sacks him he will look a bit silly after his recent comments backing him then we could have months of wrangling over compensation due. I can see the club paying him say a years salary, Hyypia leaves for personal reasons, everyone is happy.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Better to go down the gross misconduct route :wink:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Better to go down the gross misconduct route :wink:

Quite - find a load of spurious reasons to get rid of him, call it gross misconduct, sorted! :thumsbup:

Of course we'd never do that...

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think this could happen, if Tony sacks him he will look a bit silly after his recent comments backing him then we could have months of wrangling over compensation due. I can see the club paying him say a years salary, Hyypia leaves for personal reasons, everyone is happy.

Nah, you should read the Guardian's "Said & Done" column, it's littered with Chairmen backing then sacking their managers. Besides situations like this are ten a penny in football these days, if he has doubts, sack him and move on. Now is not the time for the poker face to flinch.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Look at the level of the debate on here now - it's not should he go, or even when, it's how! Meanwhile at the American Express Community Ostrich Farm everything is presumably fine, just someone preparing their massive stake for the negative score prediction at Pride Park no doubt. I'm not upset at the Fulham result - it was quite an enjoyable game - I'm upset that a fairly reasonable squad of players is not being marshalled properly and everyone in officialdom is happy to deny it. 86% per cent of the really committed fans don't want the farce with the current manager to continue - and no doubt all of them didn't like the farce post Oscar Garcia, or the farce post Gus Poyet - and can't understand some of the farcical signings of Burke (Toko, O'Grady, Al Habsi). Don't the club understand that a manager who proudly has absolutely ZERO rapport with the fans - and cannot organise his players - should be out of the door quickly.

Open letter from NSC to Tony Bloom required I think - we love you Tony, we really do because you are one of us but........... Hyypia has zero rapport with the people who the club require to keep putting their hands in their pockets (along with you Tony) - and his failure to engage with the fan base has got to be a pretty clear sign that action needs to be taken.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
There is no point in wasting a large sum of cash to be rid of Sami which would leave even less to purchase new signings in January,with Bent,Bennett and a fit Lau Lua we could pull clear of the relegation zone and a fresh start next season

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston

The reason TB said his comments was because he does not want to pay up his contract.
SH was a very risky appointment which unfortunately has gone horribly wrong.
If SH stays in charge then we will go down, TB needs to hold his hands up and admit he made a wrong decision.
TB also needs to address the whole set up, from top 6 in May to bootom 3 suggests there are major issues.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
There is no point in wasting a large sum of cash to be rid of Sami which would leave even less to purchase new signings in January,with Bent,Bennett and a fit Lau Lua we could pull clear of the relegation zone and a fresh start next season
Are you saying keep hold of Hyypia for the sack of paying compensation. I would not trust him with the January budget, his track record to date on signing players isn't very good.

Sorry but it's time to go.

With reference to a settlement I'm sure a few weeks back Adam Virgo said on the radio that the club won't have to pay the full amount to get rid. I suppose it all depends on what is written in the contract.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
In fairness I don't think he has done much wrong apart from being a poor manager.

So, a couple of written warnings first.

Then a sacking for poor performance?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Seriously? The bloke is tactically inept and that is the main problem. This squad should never be battling at the wrong end of the table- it's probably not good enough to challenge at the top either- but we certainly shouldn't be relegation fodder.

He has shown nothing to suggest that he would be able to pull us out of this mess, let alone actually get this team to climb the table. The longer Tony waits, the more trouble we will be in. Great player, terrible manager.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here