Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds owner Massimo Cellino has been disqualified....

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Leeds :lolol:

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
"Leeds United owner Massimo Cellino has been disqualified by the Football League and asked to resign from the club.

The Football League took the decision after obtaining documents from an Italian court, where Cellino was found guilty of tax evasion.

It believes Cellino has breached its "fit and proper" ownership test.

However, he will be entitled to return to the club from 18 March 2015 and can appeal against the League's ruling"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30276764

How was he allowed to own them in the first place? This can't of happerned to a nicer team too :moo:

Last edited:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Aye, we have moved to asia and after ken bates my love affair with leeds was battered and bruised. The current circus going on is a laughable freak show on many levels and has me interested from afar. Sad times.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The sting is in the tail no?...... He is being told to absent himself from the club for 3 months during which time his representatives will be free to relay his orders for running things.

Farcical really.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Yup, that's the biggie. These owners invariably have massive egos, deep pockets and good lawyers. Could get interesting.

It could indeed. Although in traditional fashion you have to ask how it got to this point. A colleague of mine at work is Italian (and obviously a vested interest in Serie A) has repeatedly stated that any "Fit and Proper Persons" test that allows Cellino to take over a football club is a farce in itself.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Aye, we have moved to asia and after ken bates my love affair with leeds was battered and bruised. The current circus going on is a laughable freak show on many levels and has me interested from afar. Sad times.

HEY STARRY!!!!

Great to hear from you. How are the family and especially the kids, these days?

You have been missed as we don't get. To hear, much about the charlatans that run your football club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here