Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Former Seagull blames struggle on squad upheaval [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Andrea Orlandi has blamed Albion's struggles near the foot of the Championship on too many changes to the team.
He has cited Saturday's table-topping hosts Derby County as an example of the benefits of a settled squad.
Spanish midfielder Orlandi, now with bottom club Blackpool, spent the last two seasons with the Seagulls as they reached the play-offs under Gus Poyet and Oscar Garcia before he was controversially released in the summer.
Orlandi, writing in his regular column for a Spanish website, said: "Close to us at the bottom of the table we have a team that I don’t like to see there. What happened to Brighton?
"For two seasons we were fighting to get promoted, during the first year they were, without a shadow of a doubt, the best team in the league and now they are fighting relegation.
"I am really sorry for the fans and for my friends over there. It is harder and harder to recognise any of the players now, if I know more than four I am lucky.
"Look at Derby County, they have been playing with almost the same players for years and they are now getting the results. I think the same should have happened at Brighton.
"To completely change the team has many risks and this is what is happening here in Blackpool. But Brighton deserve better, they have got great fans, stadium, facilities and team, so I really hope they can compete for more ambitious targets and I hope to see them in the Premier League in a few years time."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here