Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Settled XI

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Not wishing to read every single post of recent days, as I'm sure someone will have doubtless mentioned what I'm about to mention, hence an apology of sorts... ahem. I've also been an ardent supporter of Sami from day one, but if I'm indeed wavering on one thing; it's this scatter gun loan/selection policy. Panic has without doubt set in.

If Mr. Hyppia is to keep his job, then It's time for him to pick a team (obviously this hasn't been helped by injuries/loans etc.) that bears some resemblance to one he picked to start a match previously. It never works, at this level to my knowledge?!?, rotating average players in and good players out. It is a disastrous policy and, again for me, one of the reasons we're languishing in the bottom three. Are we drawing straws or something, or operating some kind of rock paper scissors selection policy?!?

As Sami says the loan window is closed; so it's time to pick an XI and give the team some continuity for the love of GOD! Sami says we also need to be brave and show some fight, yet we loan out our most committed player to the Posh - not good, not sensible anyway.

Have we played the same starting lineup once this season?!? Just asking...

Each week I hear (the teams at the top), playing the same 8-9 core players, and sweet Jesus they're in the top six! I reckon the fat lady is warming up...

Albion, obviously.

Kosh

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I think the conventional wisdom is, "Don't change a winning team".

Point taken, but when we have won! I'm pretty certain here, the team has been changed for the following game. I think the salient point is this: Sami doesn't know his best team, or can't get the best from those he favours. How many players have we played this season? It has to be near the top of the table, hence we're near the foot, rapidly sinking under the weight of our dearth of quality and weight of very mediocre numbers.

That said if you erode confidence, and keep introducing strangers into the mix it's not going to work is it? I (actually) think we have the quality to be in the top half, but the players are losing confidence, which is non too surprising given he fact that each week we've got a new player in the mix trying to adjust to what is seemingly an overtly complex system.

Watch the Fulham game, and you get a pretty illustrative definition of 'organised chaos.'

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here