Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

7 Englishmen started for us on Saturday

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
And when KLL went off and Ince came on we had 8 on the pitch plus an Ulsterman. I remember under Micky Adams we had 11 Englishmen on the pitch at one point for the Paint Pot Trophy game at Shrewsbury in Dec 2008 (I remember this match especially as we had 8 ex-youth teamers on the pitch at the end of the match).

Aside from any problems we have on or off the pitch, the fact cheered me up a lot on Saturday. Is this the most number of home nation players we've had on a pitch at one time since then?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
And when KLL went off and Ince came on we had 8 on the pitch plus an Ulsterman. I remember under Micky Adams we had 11 Englishmen on the pitch at one point for the Paint Pot Trophy game at Shrewsbury in Dec 2008 (I remember this match especially as we had 8 ex-youth teamers on the pitch at the end of the match).

Aside from any problems we have on or off the pitch, the fact cheered me up a lot on Saturday. Is this the most number of home nation players we've had on a pitch at one time since then?

Its kinda good news, but its a consequence of good player's being squirted out of the Premiership, more a comment on the Championship as a whole rather than the inevitable responses on our players !!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I see your point and understand it, but ultimately what we surely want is a winning team irrespective of whether the players come from England, Ecuador, Egypt or El Salvador?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I see your point and understand it, but ultimately what we surely want is a winning team irrespective of whether the players come from England, Ecuador, Egypt or El Salvador?

For me preferably from Sussex, then England then the UK and so on.

I watch Man City and I struggle to see beyond the money and the recruitment of world players and managers, its as if the have sub let out their stadium to the Harlem Globetrotters doing a few exhibition games.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here