Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Texeira, McCourt and Agdestein

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
What do these three have in common?
Granted that all three can be inconsistent, on their day each has the ability and potential to turn a game which is being lost, yet not one of them even featured on the bench on Saturday. It was clear to everyone except, apparently, the dynamic duo, that once we had scored we had completely lost the midfield. Surely it would have been worth having at least one of the three on the bench? After all, it was not the first time we have seen something similar happen.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Not sure that any of those three were what we needed once we'd scored. We miss an older head in the middle, I think that is glaringly obvious as is the need for more urgency in closing people down. Gardner and JFC never do it quick enough and Rohan allowed a Fulham player to ghost past him with the most minimal of tackles on at least two occasions. Not enough want to really battle for the team, very disappointing.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We're missing a really good holding player. It's no coincidence that when Bridcutt was in the team we finished higher every new season than the previous one. To be honest though (and I never thought I'd say this) I'd even take Keith Andrews back at the moment. No one breaks up play and no one creates.

I thought Holla would be that player but he's not getting game time at all. My question wouldn't be why these three aren't playing but why Holla went off the boil so quickly that he now can't force his way in to a midfield that can't tackle or take set pieces properly.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We're missing a really good holding player. It's no coincidence that when Bridcutt was in the team we finished higher every new season than the previous one. To be honest though (and I never thought I'd say this) I'd even take Keith Andrews back at the moment. No one breaks up play and no one creates.

I thought Holla would be that player but he's not getting game time at all. My question wouldn't be why these three aren't playing but why Holla went off the boil so quickly that he now can't force his way in to a midfield that can't tackle or take set pieces properly.

One word - Hyppia.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Agdestein wouldn't feature on the bench or anywhere near the Amex seeing as how he's back in Norway. I'm sure you meant Agustein.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I take it you mean Agustien. I can only assume that that man has some serious attitude issues. Neither OG or SH seem to have wanted or want him anywhere near the first team squad, despite both having given him a chance in their respective early seasons. The man has effectively stolen 2 years (high) wages from the club.

Julio

Feb 18, 2009
He can f*** off to Norway too

And when he's f****d off, he can f**k off some more and keep f*****g off until there's no where else left to f**k off too, wherever that may be, but as long as it's 1,000 miles from Brighton I don't really care.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
What has Holla done wrong? We needed an experienced head in the center of the park. Instead the moment we scored, the midfield went missing. Its a recruitment and managment issue and the sooner that is sorted the better.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
middle of the park is begging out for some experience...the kevin nolan type player ..someone who can organise someone like JFC/GARDENER/INCE..someone with a bit of mouth and talent.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Where is Toko, why doesn't he get a chance? Is he that bad? The silence is deafening.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
For Holla and Toko, both supposedly defensive midfielders, to be sitting on the sidelines while the team so clearly lacks any bite in midfield, leaking goals left, right and centre, is yet another sad indictment of our recruitment set up.

Supposedly we watch these players many times before signing them, study the video evidence, consider their attitudes and approach to their diets and personal well being. But we seem to get it wrong time and time again. Surely time for someone to take responsibility.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Keith Andrews type is needed which says a lot really.

I think he got a lot of unnecessary stick on here last season - he played that deep lying role quite well - the type that doesn't get the plaudits as much but does the job. Unfortunately, he wasn't Bridcutt so people got on his back.
I agree though - we need someone like that - I don't have a problem with Gardner or JFC on the whole, but I'd like to see either/or rather than both of them. I want to see more of Holla, I think he could do the job Andrews did quite well, sit there and break up play whilst Ince lollops around the pitch closing down and either JFC/Gardner pushes up and tries to orchestrate attacks.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
middle of the park is begging out for some experience...the kevin nolan type player ..someone who can organise someone like JFC/GARDENER/INCE..someone with a bit of mouth and talent.

We need a Scott Parker in the side. I thought he was excellent on Saturday. Apart from a couple of goals Gardener hasn't shown nearly enough, drifting out of the game too often. JFC and Ince will get better in time but Crofts and Stephens are sorely missed. I'd love to know why Toko hasn't been used, he must be total turd in training.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here