Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tube drivers striking

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Unbelievable if true, a colleague gets the sack over a failed alcohol breath test and they go on strike, according to the BBC, where's Norman Baker Suck My Lozenge to confirm this?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Mick Cash leader of the RMT said,

that alcohol was involved as "totally untrue".

He said the driver had a "specific medical condition" and LU had failed to follow procedures which had "led to this unwarranted dismissal and the subsequent strike action".
Was this medical condition Alcoholism by any chance?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Mick Cash leader of the RMT said,

that alcohol was involved as "totally untrue".

He said the driver had a "specific medical condition" and LU had failed to follow procedures which had "led to this unwarranted dismissal and the subsequent strike action".
Was this medical condition Alcoholism by any chance?
No , diabetes, and from what I can gather diabetics often give false breathalyser readings , I'm also led to believe the correct procedures weren't followed in this instance.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wouldnt happen in Germany

No , diabetes, and from what I can gather diabetics often give false breathalyser readings , I'm also led to believe the correct procedures weren't followed in this instance.

Is correct,both urine samples were destroyed having only been tested for drugs not alcohol,diabetes can lead to false positive readings.This fact has been confirmed by London Underground occupational health.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
very believable, they've gone on strike before when couple of drivers found to like an on duty bevy and had a stash in their lockers.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
When are the driverless trains coming in? They have them in loads of other cities.

they're already here, just the unions refuse to allow them to go driverless, holding the non-automated lines hostage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here