Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
bent-301114-l229-2114820_478x359.jpg

Darren Bent
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
08:00 1st December 2014
by James Hilsum
I need to get rid of the rustiness and convert more chances but there’s no better feeling than getting a goal and I need to kick on"
Darren Bent

Loanee Darren Bent was thrilled to be back out on the pitch after his goalscoring debut for Brighton & Hove Albion against Fulham on Saturday.Bent, who has found himself restricted to substitute appearances for parent club Aston Villa, believes he can only improve with more game time during his one-month spell on the south coast.
Speaking after the 2-1 defeat to the Cottagers, he told seagulls.co.uk, “It was good to get out and play and that’s why I came here. It would have been nice to get a couple more goals, but the keeper made a couple of good saves in the first half.
“There’s a lot more to come from me. I need to get rid of the rustiness and convert more chances but there’s no better feeling than getting a goal and I need to kick on.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Despite Albion slipping into the bottom three, the former England international was not too downbeat but was frustrated that the side failed to build on their 1-0 lead.“The way we play the game and what we have shown on Saturday proves that it’s a false position, but the hardest thing in football is to score goals.
“We should have gone on to control the game, but unfortunately we didn’t manage to do that and it’s something we need to address.
“It’s one of those things; on the whole we played well but it just wasn’t our day.”
[h=3]ALBION V MILLWALL
[/h] FRIDAY 12TH November, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V READING
[/h] friday 26th december, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v BRENTFORD
[/h] SATURDAY 17TH JANUARY, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here