• None of the above

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Got to be one of these three hasn't it?

And you can define loudest however you choose.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Koreans and Chinese by a country mile. The art of shout speaking is alive and well here.

Indians are good at that too aren't they? I've worked with a few over the years and most of them seem to think the only way to win a debate is to speak louder and LOUDER over everyone else.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The South Africans, aren't known for their quiet understatement.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
From the choice there i would say USA but Italians are very loud!

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Agree with the Chinese, definitely. Not sure I'd put the Koreans in the same league. All those I've worked with have been a fairly quiet bunch... Until they start hitting the soju...

But there's something about the American accent that seems to carry their voices above all else. If you're in a crowded bar and can hear a loud quacking noise, you always know there's an American over on the far side of the room pontificating about something or other...

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Travelling quite a lot and working in London for an internationally staffed company, IMO the loudest nation (in terms of the volume they normally speak at) is the Spanish but a country mile.

Americans are the most brash and intrusive (which is one definition of loud) but, generally, do not speak loudly in a normal environment (when the background noise goes up and the beers flow, yes, they are).

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The Spanish family I had in the pub last night were loud, nice people, but loud.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Indians are good at that too aren't they? I've worked with a few over the years and most of them seem to think the only way to win a debate is to speak louder and LOUDER over everyone else.

There's some truth here - in a nation of over a billion you need to be loud to be heard. As a teacher it's the children I notice more - Indian kids are generally more subdued but they have the pipes if they choose to use them. Korean kids are on permanent loudspeaker mode and it seemed to be encouraged culturally - people will chatter and answer their phones during weddings - all comedy shows are slapstick and shouty - tantrums are viewed as 'ageyo' or cute and you'll see grown women stomp their feet and squeal if they don't get their way.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
In my experience - Brazil. Went to carnival in Salvador in March and was deafened for 8 hours

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Spanish family I had in the pub last night were loud, nice people, but loud.

Spaniards speak the fastest, this is a fact, but they are not the loudest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here