we want four four two

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No ta, just a competent manager

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
We want four four two we eant four four two for **** sake sami we want four four two letsvsing this in the northstand v millwall

We did for 20 mins! Then KLL got injured and replaced by a central defensive midfielder.

Until KLL went off Colunga was playing just behind Bent, with Lua Lua on the left & benno on the right.
It was working well IMO

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If you listen to SH on his post march interview on Radio Sussex that will never happen. As he said if you have a way that you want to play you should never change it or deviate from it.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
If you listen to SH on his post march interview on Radio Sussex that will never happen. As he said if you have a way that you want to play you should never change it or deviate from it.

He changed it himself by replacing a fast outside winger type with a slow, central, defensive midfielder

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I actually think our team yesterday bar JFC was probably the strongest in the circumstances but it was a joke to break from the 4411 which was working so well until LuaLua went off, after which we fell to pieces

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Which did beg the question, if it was working well as we started the game, why not replace Kaz with March? ???

Ince - Gardner - JFC, even when we were desperately chasing the game seemed to be holding station around the centre circle. Really bizarre that regardless of managerial instructions, the 3 of them didn't realise at least 2 of them needed to be getting in and around the box.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Which did beg the question, if it was working well as we started the game, why not replace Kaz with March? ???

Because March wasn't ready for 70 minutes football after being out for months?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I get mine delivered every month, saves the hassle of going to the newsagents for it.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I honestly think that with the players we have our best option is a 4-2-3-1. With a fully fit squad we could put out:

Stockdale
Bruno Hughes Dunk Bennett
Stephens Holla
Bennett Caskey LuaLua
Bent

Subs: Walton, Greer, Calderon, Ince, March, McCourt, Baldock​

That squad would have some decent back-up going forward too, Colugna, Gardener, Crofts & Portuguese Tex being the stand out players. I'm the first to admit that our squad is the weakest it has been over the last 3 seasons, but you can not tell me that a squad with that much talent should be in the bottom half of this league, let alone the bottom 3! Caskey often reminds me of Jack Wilshere, a young (slight over-hyped) midfielder who is very good when just behind a striker but fades massively when put in a central midfield role where he's expected to defend more than he attacks. I honestly reckon with a competent manager, that XI would challenge for the top 6.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here