Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nearly 29,000 at Brighton yesterday, around 26500 at Leeds v Derby

Feb 14, 2010
But the "biggest game of the day" according to the BBC with two "giants" was of course Leeds. Much bigger club Leeds and Derby, its just they get smaller crowds despite being higher in the table :bowdown::bowdown: to the Albion faithful.

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
28,802 went with great expectations and left disappointed, yet again.

SAC

May 21, 2014
But the "biggest game of the day" according to the BBC with two "giants" was of course Leeds. Much bigger club Leeds and Derby, its just they get smaller crowds despite being higher in the table :bowdown::bowdown: to the Albion faithful.

As you are so obsessed with attendance figures, I assume that you went?

eaglejez

Apr 23, 2004

iPJo4hm.png

Feb 14, 2010

Not sure how old you are but have you heard of the small issue of brighton in the lower leagues,losing the ground, protests, boycotts, pitch invasions, playing 140 miles away from home, when palace are swanning around in the top flight ect ect. It must be terrible to have to try and think up daft arguments to make yourself feel better. Brighton dont need top flight football to get people to watch them, clubs like palace do. But this thread is about Brighton, not your bunch of drumming plastics

Last edited:

eaglejez

Apr 23, 2004
Not sure how old you are but have you heard of the small issue of brighton in the lower leagues,losing the ground, protests, boycotts, pitch invasions, playing 140 miles away from home, when palace are swanning around in the top flight ect ect. It must be terrible to have to try and think up daft arguments to make yourself feel better. Brighton dont need top flight football to get people to watch them, clubs like palace do. But this thread is about Brighton, not your bunch of drumming plastics

:smile::smile:

btw - I haven't said anything - just posted 'facts'. Keep up the good work though :)

btw2 - let me know if you want me to extend the graph further back so we can see when you had massive support !

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
btw - I haven't said anything - just posted 'facts'.
Actually, you haven't posted any facts. The data for that graph shows Brighton's actual attendance figures (not ticket sales) up to 2011, but shows Palace's ticket sales (not attendance), so it's not like for like.

With everything on the field being crap for Brighton at the moment, and good for Palace, it's weird you choose to argue about something where you're lagging behind us.

Feb 14, 2010

btw - I haven't said anything - just posted 'facts'. Keep up the good work though :)

btw2 - let me know if you want me to extend the graph further back so we can see when you had massive support !

You may not be old enough to remember the last time the Albion were on its feet. The Albion were the 11th best supported club in the country in the 70s, hooliganism of the 80s, crowds dropped everywhere and it was not until a few seasons ago when the "civil war" Archer legacy at the Albion had been got over that a true comparison could be made. Like you, I post facts, but unlike you, with context. It is a fact, Brighton dont need top flight football for people to watch them. That is real support, something to celebrate. With all your groupon deals, kids for a quid, free tickets, you had to beg people to watch you in the championship. But please run along, as this is a thread to celebrate our magnificent support, not worr about clubs who bang drums and only turn up when in the premier league, which sadly is the sort of club that palace has turned into. How that happened, given you had a cup final, third place top flight finish, and on/off top flight football compared to what Brighton had to put up with I dont know, but that's just how it is. Get over it.

albionite

May 20, 2009

What facts ?
palace have been lying and inflating attendence figure for years. For a 900k catchment area and staying in top 2 leagues for those 20 years with own ground that is piss poor.
How long will it take before you report back to your shit forum jez. Sad bellend.

eaglejez

Apr 23, 2004
What facts ?
palace have been lying and inflating attendence figure for years. For a 900k catchment area and staying in top 2 leagues for those 20 years with own ground that is piss poor.
How long will it take before you report back to your shit forum jez. Sad bellend.

not long :smile:

I apologise but you've got to admit WCP is nuts (I think he's really Palace btw - just saying)

Feb 14, 2010
not long :smile:

I apologise but you've got to admit WCP is nuts (I think he's really Palace btw - just saying)

Run along, there is nothing nuts about celebrating our fabulous support, now this is about the Albion, not your shower of plastic drum bangers.

Feb 14, 2010
If Leeds had got 29000 for a championship relegation scrap then how many times do you think the press would have mentioned it? As usual the press have ignored it as it happened at the Albion. Northern bias or just more evidence that the press dont understand the Albion because we have never been successful?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here