Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yesterday was the best game i've ever been to!

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
I took my daughter who will be 5 in Jan to her first game.
She sat thru it all( a few wee breaks excluded). I couldn't stop smiling.

She said the keeper isn't up to it and we need to play 2 up front.

very proud dad.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Very perceptive little girl you have there. Now if she'd said leave someone up field when we defend a corner, you could be the proudest dad in the world:thumbsup:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

very proud dad.

I remember taking my son to his first match at The Goldstone. Think he was a similar age- around five. We both went yesterday together and now he is in his twenties. If anything like me you will have years of proud moments ahead to enjoy.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
do a job?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I like stories like this. However, what we need to know is her views on replacing KLL with a defensive midfielder instead of a like for like tricky attacking winger, and whether or not the loss was caused by the fact that we treat away fans too much like human beings these days?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My eight year old has already progressed from burgers to Steak and Ale Pies and was variously critical of the refereeing and our midfield. He's definitely getting it. I'd hate to think how enthusiastic he'd be during a good season!

Feb 14, 2010
This thread is why the Albion is much much more than the jokers on the pitch. Many on nsc have so much to learn from you. The Albion is about the institution, the fans, the being passed down from generation to generation. Not the players,manager or chief executive.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
My 3 year old son was reading the FT Index prior to the match and gave me a few tips. During the match he suggested to me that Colunga needed to calm down a bit. After Bent scored he was concerned that the team kept it's concentration. He was pleased to see the away fans being applauded for their healthy turn out. He thought that Hypiers's comments and body language in the post match interview was uninspiring. He thinks it's probably time for a change.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005

very proud dad.

Sounds like she could do a better job than Hyypia!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My nephew 12 years old went to his first game yesterday after a tour of the stadium. I asked him how he got on and what he thought. He enjoyed it and wants to go again and had a home shirt bought for him. He liked Lua Lua said he thought that he was good but after he went off we couldnt tackle or pass and if we could would have scored more goals. He liked Bents goal but said Fulham fans on the train said he is lazy.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
My nephew 12 years old went to his first game yesterday after a tour of the stadium. I asked him how he got on and what he thought. He enjoyed it and wants to go again and had a home shirt bought for him. He liked Lua Lua said he thought that he was good but after he went off we couldnt tackle or pass and if we could would have scored more goals. He liked Bents goal but said Fulham fans on the train said he is lazy.
The Fulham fans called your son lazy? That's not very nice!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Fulham fans called your son lazy? That's not very nice!

It was my nephew and just to make it clear they were talking of Bent when he was at Fulham. Talking to some myself on the train to HH they couldnt understand his actions on scoring because he didnt get stick there apparently.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
It was my nephew and just to make it clear they were talking of Bent when he was at Fulham. Talking to some myself on the train to HH they couldnt understand his actions on scoring because he didnt get stick there apparently.
Sorry they look so much alike!

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

Were this Fulham fans at the game, or did they ignore their fans chanting at him whenever they decided to actually make any noise up until he scored?

Baffles me how fans can think it's fine to abuse a player but then have a complete breakdown when he gives it back.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading

Maybe they are deaf, because I could here them in WSU singing "your just a fat Rodallega" to him in the first half. That might have been the reason he did what he did, understandably.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here