Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colunga not leaving the pitch

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Has anyone ever been more angry at an individual Albion player? Red carded (stupidly, might I add) whilst behind and in stoppage time and what does this moron do? Walks off slowly along the side line of the pitch all the way to the tunnel despite the supporters telling him to get on with it.

Probably not intentionally wasting time but it makes you wonder how thick some of these footballers representing our club are. In Sunday morning hindsight, I still don't feel any better about our situation. Hyppia out.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not only that, he was a complete and utter moron for that tackle less than 2 minutes after receiving the first yellow.

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
Has anyone ever been more angry at an individual Albion player? Red carded (stupidly, might I add) whilst behind and in stoppage time and what does this moron do? Walks off slowly along the side line of the pitch all the way to the tunnel despite the supporters telling him to get on with it.

Probably not intentionally wasting time but it makes you wonder how thick some of these footballers representing our club are. In Sunday morning hindsight, I still don't feel any better about our situation. Hyppia out.

I was furious with him - not only that, he had a poor poor game....he seems to be a poor mans Orlandi, - contributes little from what Ive seen, other than awful set-pieces.

Jul 7, 2003
No leader on the pitch to drag him off so we could get on with game. No movement from Sami the Statue or his puppet to get him off the pitch either.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I felt the same, but was also quietly celebrating that Sami can't pick this hopeless excuse for a striker for at least one match.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
He actually had a decent game, got in some good positions and made some VERY NICE, and EARLY passes into the channels. Set up our first goal too, and a few early chances.

But the first yellow was stupid to get, but stupid to give I think too.

I don't know if he had forgotten about the first one when he got frustrated and did an Ashley Barnes, it was crazy. & then he also forgot we were a goal down with minutes left as he strolled off the pitch. Lost his head badly.

But he did have a decent game up until we went behind, to be fair.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
No leader on the pitch to drag him off so we could get on with game. No movement from Sami the Statue or his puppet to get him off the pitch either.

Yeah, I did expect someone to run over to him and whisper in his ear to remind him to RUN.

I would have hoped to see Sami all tomato faced and doing star jumps, apparently he wasn't?

I wouldn't want Gus back, but you know under the same circumstances he would have broken something, possibly killed someone.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

I agree. In fact commented at half time that he was having his best game for us.
But this is not saying much as this is a lightweight excuse for a striker with a pathetic attitude to the team effort. Evidence his petulant grabbing of the ball like a nine year old for the penalty at Norwich. Prat. Get Rid.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
He actually had a decent game, got in some good positions and made some VERY NICE, and EARLY passes into the channels. Set up our first goal too, and a few early chances.

But the first yellow was stupid to get, but stupid to give I think too.

I don't know if he had forgotten about the first one when he got frustrated and did an Ashley Barnes, it was crazy. & then he also forgot we were a goal down with minutes left as he strolled off the pitch. Lost his head badly.

Agree the logic re coming off .. can only assume he was "all at sea"

His through ball to Bent for the goal was as good a ball as you'd see, but I don't agree he had a decent game. In saying that there were a few around him who I'd pick as having way worse

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I was furious with him - not only that, he had a poor poor game....he seems to be a poor mans Orlandi, - contributes little from what Ive seen, other than awful set-pieces.

Other than arguably the best pass at The Amex this season for the goal. I can remember plenty of occasions when Orlandi missed seemingly unmissable chances, and at least Colunga is on the pitch.

All of that said, he was poor yesterday apart from the goal and is just another lightweight player in a feeble looking team.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

easterisle01.jpg

Sami on the bench, yesterday.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
I agree

I have never been so angry and used some industrial language to send him on his way ( I am in WSL where it happened)

Stupid tackle and then wasting time when we're chasing an equaliser. Putting himself before the team

At least I don't have to watch him for a couple of games

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London

Totally this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here