Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A quality piece of pushing in from the Bridge car park, yesterday.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
While stuck in the usual log jam at the Bridge car park (god I miss the uni), Mr Mercedes returned to his car.
Mr Merc had Mr BMW directly in front, with me just behind him.
Now it turns out Mr Merc was getting between us.
Bearing in mind nobody was moving, and all further movement was to be measured in inches.
Out comes the merc as close as he could get to the rear door of the BMW.
Then for every inch forward he nudged into the BMW.

At this point I do have to own the fact I wasn't helping the situation.
Clearly Mr Merc would be 'next' so I just wanted to know how far he'd take it.

To my surprise Mr Merc wanted the space so badly he ended up pushing the BMW, bumper to bumper, with enough force for it to be an 'issue', had Mr beamer been overprotective.

The icing on the cake was the fact with Mr Merc and the parking space behind now cleared, I was able to drive through the gap and get out quicker than all of them.

As there is usually something going on, I can't help thinking there's more aggression, passion, and commitment shown in that car park than on the 'terraces'.

Oh I nearly forgot:-
Ffs Sami sort it out.
Everyone would have driven straight out with Pullis in charge.

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
While stuck in the usual log jam at the Bridge car park (god I miss the uni), Mr Mercedes returned to his car.
Bearing in mind nobody was moving, and all further movement was to be measured in inches.

To my surprise Mr Merc wanted the space so badly he ended up pushing the BMW, bumper to bumper, with enough force for it to be an 'issue', had Mr beamer been overprotective.

The icing on the cake was the fact with Mr Merc and the parking space behind now cleared, I was able to drive through the gap and get out quicker than all of them.

As there is usually something going on, I can't help thinking there's more aggression, passion, and commitment shown in that car park than on the 'terraces'.

Cool story fella, I look forward to more car park stories when we loooooose to Millwall when tempers will be high no doubt.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sounds like what was the norm for exiting Bennett's Field. A big feck off Merc/Audi/Range Rover or Porsche SUV was the weapon of choice there though you wanted to be top push in King.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sounds like what was the norm for exiting Bennett's Field. A big feck off Merc/Audi/Range Rover or Porsche SUV was the weapon of choice there though you wanted to be top push in King.
It was just so pointless.
No car was moving, but the moment all doors were shut, the merc shot forward until it was shunting the beamer.
All for a space that wasn't being generated because nobody was moving.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have to say as a former Bennett's Field car Parker who has been moved to the Uni, the Uni is fantastic, out in no time. Wish we had moved there several seasons ago.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have to say as a former Bennett's Field car Parker who has been moved to the Uni, the Uni is fantastic, out in no time. Wish we had moved there several seasons ago.

We loved the uni, there was never a problem.
I can't think how Bridge can be improved, as more exits from the car park won't go anywhere.

It would seem Mr Bennett has rather shot himself in the foot and cost himself an excessively large sum of money, by being even more excessively greedy.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
[QUOTE=Stat Brother;6680770 I can't help thinking there's more aggression, passion, and commitment shown in that car park than on the PITCH
Corrected for you:smile:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I'm with you, much prefer it.

Not that I'd use it but I've yet to see the buses that were supposedly going to be available to ferry fans to and from the stadium.

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
I'm with you, much prefer it

Not that I'd use it but I've yet to see the buses that were supposedly going to be available to ferry fans to and from the stadium.
Those mystical football special buses, abandoned by the club because they were a source of "complaints" and replaced with another service that you now have to book and pay for in advance.....how we miss the s bus.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Howcome they were allowing cars going back under the tunnel towards the car park when everyone was trying to get out...nearly mowing us mere pedestrians down

Jul 7, 2003
Also miss the Uni car park. Bridge was okay to start and then they got stewards in to help. People were fairly polite to start with, taking it in turns to get out but now is a free for all like the car park at Bournemouth

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Ffs Sami sort it out.

Don't you mean:

As there is usually something going on, I can't help thinking there's more aggression, passion, and commitment shown in that car park than by the Albion players and Manager.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't you mean:

As there is usually something going on, I can't help thinking there's more aggression, passion, and commitment shown in that car park than by the Albion players and Manager.

That would make sense if the players also used the Bridge CP.
Or if 95% of the home crowd (myself included) hadn't turned the AMEX into a library.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
That would make sense if the players also used the Bridge CP.
Or if 95% of the home crowd (myself included) hadn't turned the AMEX into a library.

Sorry this makes no sense whatsoever.

I was merely suggesting a lack of passion by some of the players and manager was evident. Don't think where they park or how much noise you make or don't make is relevant.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Ffs Sami sort it out.

You've definitely captured yesterday's major issue there. Well done you.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry this makes no sense whatsoever.

I was merely suggesting a lack of passion by some of the players and manager was evident. Don't think where they park or how much noise you make or don't make is relevant.
I originally made the point about 'terraces' instead of the easy option of players, because chances are Mr Merc had sat on his hands for 90 mins then got passionately committed to getting in the queue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here