bent-l-copy229-2110627_478x359.jpg

Darren Bent
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 29th November 2014
by Mollie Bennett
It’s a massive period for me and it is about playing games again"
Darren Bent

Brighton & Hove Albion striker Darren Bent believes his loan spell with Albion can prove to be an important period in his career.

The former England international joined earlier this week on loan until 29th December and is relishing the chance to play regular football again.He said, “It’s a massive period for me and it is about playing games again. I’ve spent far too long not playing and it’s a chance for me to get some minutes under my belt and get my sharpness back.
“Any striker over the years will tell you that you only get your best form from playing consistently and getting a rhythm.
“To work hard all week and sit on the bench is hard and there’s only so much you can take, so I’m glad to be here and hopefully I can play some games.
“I feel fitter than I've ever felt before as I've worked harder in these periods when I've not been playing than probably I ever have in my life.
“I am still hungry and still have a burning desire to do really well. That's why I'm here."

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Bent went onto admit how he had a number of options but was drawn in by Albion.“I saw myself being comfortable here and that’s why I came. It didn’t bother me what division it is in because I love playing football.
“There were a few options and I could have gone abroad but Brighton just felt right.
“I spoke to Sami down here and he's been fantastic, saying what he wants from me. Hopefully I can repay that starting today.
*“Fulham come with a big reputation, they have been a Premier League side for years, so it’s going to be a difficult game.
“They seem to have found their feet now and found a bit of form but if Brighton play the way they can there’s no reason why we can’t beat them.”
[h=3]ALBION V fulham
[/h]SaturDAY 29TH November, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V millwall
[/h]friday 12th december, KICK-OFF 7:45PM

[h=3]Albion v reading
[/h]fRiDAY 26TH decEMber, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here