Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To the prats giving Dunk a 6 (or lower) in the match ratings thread

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What on earth is wrong with you eyes? How on earth can you rate that performance anything less than an 8 is beyond me. You have to be seriously blind and/or stupid not to realise how well he played today in almost everything he did and is by far our best performing player this season.

The match ratings thread after Norwich was nothing short of stupid, and this one is going the same way. My faith in our fanbase is dwindling as a result of this sheer, consistent, stupidity.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The problem with the defence is that they look good making last ditch tackles, but had they (and the midfield in front of them) been doing their jobs properly in closing down attackers as a unit, they wouldn't be need this last resort so often.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Anyone who can't appreciate Dunk's performance today is beyond help. You won't see a better centre half performance than that this season, he was fantastic all game and I'm staggered there are differing opinions about it.

You can't fault Dunk and Hughes for being woefully exposed by stupid tactics, and irresponsible performances from JFC and Gardner not providing the cover. It's also worth noting that, given the choice, Hyypia decided to give Dunk the armband rather than the vastly more experienced Aaron Hughes.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
All game, except for the previously mention hoofing it over their bar from one foot out, and the unmentioned moment in the second half where rather than do something with the ball he turned away from it, let it bounce behind him, then let McCormack in on goal, and being a part of a team that seemingly forgot how to play football as soon as they took the lead.

No one deserved an 8 in that game. Dunk wasn't the worst, but certainly not worth this thread.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
What on earth is wrong with you eyes? How on earth can you rate that performance anything less than an 8 is beyond me. You have to be seriously blind and/or stupid not to realise how well he played today in almost everything he did and is by far our best performing player this season.

The match ratings thread after Norwich was nothing short of stupid, and this one is going the same way. My faith in our fanbase is dwindling as a result of this sheer, consistent, stupidity.
People disagree, opinions will always differ, that's football for you ! Quite why you need to start a special thread to get your opinion across is beyond me.
Thought you flounced anyway ? Couldn't keep away ?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
All game, except for the previously mention hoofing it over their bar from one foot out, and the unmentioned moment in the second half where rather than do something with the ball he turned away from it, let it bounce behind him, then let McCormack in on goal, and being a part of a team that seemingly forgot how to play football as soon as they took the lead.

No one deserved an 8 in that game. Dunk wasn't the worst, but certainly not worth this thread.

Perfect response.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

That about sums it up Dunk was probably our best player but even then he made a couple of bad defensive mustakes which could have cost us dearly. However, when he has been sold we will realise his value to the team. This season he has come good and realised his earlier potential.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hyypia decided to give Dunk the armband rather than the vastly more experienced Aaron Hughes.

Says more about Hyypia than Dunk IMO. Dunk is widely regarded as one of the quieter players in the team (a point highlighted in Baldocks interview the other week).

We missed Greer today not only from a playing perspective but also from a leadership point of view. Rest as per Acker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here