Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luck

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Forget Sami, forget tactics, forget players.

How many times this season has the opposition keeper pulled a top draw save or a fluke save?

How many times has an opposition player scored a "worldly" or a shoot randomly deflected past Stockdale?

How many times has an unfortunate slip or mistake lead to a goal?

How many injuries do we get to key players?

Maybe you make your own luck. Maybe tactics or positioning has caused some of them.

Just seems that things won't go our way.

What a different place NSC would be tonight is Bent's header had gone in, they're deflected shot hadn't gone in and we'd won the game...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
When you're at the bottom you get no luck, that's how it's always been.

But we are there on merit.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Heard the bloke behind me today going on about "luck". There's no legislating for cruel deflections, refereeing errors, freak injuries and world-class performances from keepers but that isn't why we're in the bottom three.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
So maybe its... Gods?.. fault we're in this shit?

We do seem terribly unlucky at times.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Forget Sami, forget tactics, forget players.

How many times this season has the opposition keeper pulled a top draw save or a fluke save?

How many times has an opposition player scored a "worldly" or a shoot randomly deflected past Stockdale?

How many times has an unfortunate slip or mistake lead to a goal...

This stuff isn't luck. Keepers pulling top drawer saves happens because they are very good keepers. TK used to do it on a regular basis until his form went downhill in the second half of last season. Stockdale is just a mediocre keeper: good on crosses and regulation saves, but not an outstanding shot stopper.

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I'm not saying that's reason where we are. Confidence, training, tactics etc will make you have more "luck"

Just thought if the luck had been the other way this season (in every "bad luck" incidence) we'd probably be in the top 3 (and wouldn't deserve to be there...)

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
If we had drawn or even won it would have been just papering over the cracks.

SH and NJ should of been sacked ages ago, I admit it was a slightly better team performance today and would even go as far far as saying possibly the best performance of the season at home but I fear relegation is on the cards unless something changes on the managerial side of things.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think we have only genuinely dropped two points by bad luck against Huddersfield. Exceptional goal conceded and goal disallowed.

We had good luck against Bolton.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Wel if sami has a grey cloud over his head then thats a good enough reason to sack him.

because results / performances don't seem to matter.

Also there is a problam that needs adressing, tony bloom dosnt seem to understand that its better to give the manager a bit of time with the squad to adress problems and what he needs for the squad.
Because he's always got his managers late in the day . Sami needs to go now so the next manager has time to se what he needs.

also if ur reading mr bloom, make ur mind up its either a) you choose a manager that wants to implement his own brand of football. In witch case to do that you need to let that manager find his own players. Or b) find a manager that is good at getting the best out of the squad he has to work with. Because you cant have both. It wont work...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just throwing it out their but our goal took a massive deflection and Stockdale didn't make a save (again). We're going down for a reason

Just throwing it back, but yes he did. A pretty good one, spreading himself to block at Ruiz' feet, after about 20 minutes.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So it's not about luck it's about ability. We have little and what we do have is being ruined by our bullshit manager.

i see...but thats a completely different line of posting...you were blaming Stockdale....then saying we scored a deflected goal..not mentioning there deflected goal.....why am i bothering...do carry on..you seem to be crackers..ta ta

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here