Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet/Garcia/Hyypia - Defending one goal leads at the Amex

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I've been watching some old crap on the telly and my mind started to wander. Why under three different managers(all claiming to have varying styles/tactics) do we continually sit back and allow teams to dictate play when we've scored the first goal? With Derby, Bournemouth, Middlesborough etc we don't batter an eyelid when they score three or four goals at home. I'm not saying we should get rid of anyone. Just think our overall tactical set-up at home needs an overhaul. It seems a deep rooted issue.

On the plus side, some of our away performances this season have been very good against some of the teams at the other end of the table. In fact we've outplayed some of them :albion2:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yeah strange that we draw a heck of a lot and concede equalisers because we don't or haven't had the desire to win well...very strange tactic.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
At least the first two did it quite well.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's the lack of league goals scored under all 3. In these recent Championships seasons, we have been extremely low scorers, meaning in most games if our opponents open the scoring or equalise, it's ultimately devastating. We normally don't back from that.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I keep thinking we're going to tonk a team at some stage. I was fortunate enough to see the 6-1 dismantling of Blackpool in 2013. Trying to remember another high scoring victory since the summer of 2011. Barnsley with Mackail Smith and Barnes getting a brace each was another one.

Improving the standard of set pieces would be a step in the right direction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here