Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Meanwhile The Notes In The Program Today From Paul Barber Say................

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Taking this positive approach doesn't mean we ignore constructive, fair criticism or hide from challenges created by results not going as planned. Neither does it mean everything do is perfect. We are in a competition we have no divine right to win. So we challenge our people, we look for improvements across the board, and we take time to ensure every area gets the support needed.

But setbacks don't mean a club's strategy or direction is wrong and it doesn't mean ambitions should be abandoned. Quite the opposite.

Our resolve has never been greater. Yes there'll be bumps in the road, but our approach at the club is to keep working hard and keep striving achieve our ambitions.

What are to make of that after we rolled over again today ?

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
It means to me if he posted here I'd have him on ignore.

"Set backs don't mean we're wrong ... quite the opposite" ??? Sack him for gross misconduct, clearly too many drugs in the workplace.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
PUKE talk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You can bet your life all these smooth corporate shits are performing strictly within the closely defined Terms Of Reference of their individual job titles. Probably picking up performance-related bonuses also. Meanwhile the downward spiral of the club that pays their wages for the duration of their contract gathers momentum.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why are the programme notes written by Barber? Was Sami sat on his swivel chair with his hands in his pockets?

Feb 14, 2010
A strange statement, expecting people to listen to "we are doing our best". Football, and business isnt like that. Its results that count. Bloom has delivered a ground and a future. Those that work for Bloom need to deliver a team that deserves 30,000 people watch them for a relegation scrap in the championship.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I seem to recall him at the start of September saying the squad would be competitive. To be fair we all assumed he meant competing at the top of the table not the bottom, perhaps he should have clarified.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
That is a typical management speak statement which tells you nothing but fills a page with dross ... Man up Barber to the truth and not this management shite

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I understand peoples work experience is different, especially if you run your own business but to be frank I have to put up with enough corporate double speak during the week. The last place I want to hear it is on Saturday afternoon at the football.

Feb 14, 2010
The problem is the team, but that's always been the case at Brighton. Had hoped Bloom would change that, I still do, but clearly player recruitment side has failed. I wonder if Bloom thinks it will come good in the long run or if the people that failed this season might be in a difficult position.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I wonder if he's seen that ROTHERHAM are above us, on merit.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I understand peoples work experience is different, especially if you run your own business but to be frank I have to put up with enough corporate double speak during the week. The last place I want to hear it is on Saturday afternoon at the football.

Exactly my thoughts as we get this type of crap day in day out at work and now it happens at our football club.

I bet there will be a blue sky thinking session at 10:00 AM this Monday at the Amex to be creative and work out how to get out of this situation. I know the ****ing answer - score more goals than the opposition.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
smoke and mirrors
at its best
never liked him
and seems like I'm a good judge of character

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I know I'll get slated on here for saying it but since Barber has been here we've gone backwards (alarmingly) on the pitch,but steadied the ship financially, as a supporter who turns up to see an end product on the pitch and paying top dollar in the championship im feeling short changed,
I don't wanna hear any boo hoos or if You don't like it go and watch Chelsea,arsenal etc
As we're now customers (not fans apparently) as a customer I'm not satisfied with the product im paying for
... What's that you're thinking , don't go then
But I want to go because I support the Albion, or am I supporting Retro ALBION Vintage albion old school ALBION Withdean Albion goldstone ALBION ...... Maybe I'm no longer buying into the 2014 corporate FFP modern football foreign manager all seater stadium etc Albion

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I know the ****ing answer - score more goals than the opposition.

Care to pad this out into a 400,000 email and send it to Barber?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here