Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bents goal celebration

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I thought his celebration inspired Fulham.
If your heart is in it, if you score on your home debut, you should be running to the North Stand and saying, "I'm here to score goals for you, and f**k the opposition.
But no, he runs towards the north, turns and heads for the half way line, slaps skin with a few of his new team mates on the way, then struts in towards the Fulham fans holding his hands to his ears.
I know they gave him shit, and were singing "You're just a fat Rodielga", but your on 60-70k a week FFS.
He should rise above that, instead he lifted the away fans and they lifted the way team to get back in the game.

To me that showed his true colours, i'm not here for Brighton, I'm here for me. Shame cos I thought he looked good and just what we needed.
I hope i'm proved wrong

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I thought Bent's celebration had jackshit to do with inspiring Fulham. They were far more direct than us, and like too many teams that come to the Amex, if they could shoot in a straight line we'd be in for a Sunderland-style tonking.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It inspired Fulham to carry on playing as they had been before the goal? Come on son.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
If your heart is in it, if you score on your home debut, you should be running to the North Stand and saying, "I'm here to score goals for you, and f**k the opposition.
But no, he runs towards the north, turns and heads for the half way line, slaps skin with a few of his new team mates on the way, then struts in towards the Fulham fans holding his hands to his ears.
I know they gave him shit, and were singing "You're just a fat Rodielga", but your on 60-70k a week FFS.
He should rise above that, instead he lifted the away fans and they lifted the way team to get back in the game.

To me that showed his true colours, i'm not here for Brighton, I'm here for me. Shame cos I thought he looked good and just what we needed.
I hope i'm proved wrong

I think you looking for something that isn't there. nowt wrong with what he did.
Lucky he clapped the fans after the game otherwise that would have caused a binfest.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I liked it. Shame Hyypia tactics were so shite that we didn't go on to try and dominate the game rather than trying to sit on a 1-0 lead from the 55th minute or whenever it was. A blind man could see Fulham were going to get an equaliser sooner rather than later. OK the way the winner went in was unlucky but only one team was ever going to win that game after Fulham equalised.

We would be having a good laugh about that goal celebration if we had managed to win the game.

Although I think the players are trying they really don't seem to have a clue how to play for 90 mins, the manager takes the blame and he will be taking us down if Bloom doesn't replace him quickly.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I thought it was great for him to show a bit of attitude. One of the main problems at the club is everything is so bloody nice. Nice training ground, nice stadium, nice manager and nice players. No body is scared of playing us, it's becoming an easy away day for a lot of teams.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Should only do that if there's a few minutes to go. I wonder if he enjoyed the Darren what's the score chant he got back. Was it worth it?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Did f**k all. What did was the fact out wide we have very poor defenders and in the middle of midfield lightweight fairy cakes.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If it wasn't for a lucky once a season save in the first half it would have been his second goal and we would have won the game, IMO like

Felpham Seagull

May 15, 2013
Felpham
I liked it. Shame Hyypia tactics were so shite that we didn't go on to try and dominate the game rather than trying to sit on a 1-0 lead from the 55th minute or whenever it was. A blind man could see Fulham were going to get an equaliser sooner rather than later. OK the way the winner went in was unlucky but only one team was ever going to win that game after Fulham equalised.

We would be having a good laugh about that goal celebration if we had managed to win the game.

Although I think the players are trying they really don't seem to have a clue how to play for 90 mins, the manager takes the blame and he will be taking us down if Bloom doesn't replace him quickly.

bin the Fin

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I thought it was great for him to show a bit of attitude. One of the main problems at the club is everything is so bloody nice. Nice training ground, nice stadium, nice manager and nice players. No body is scared of playing us, it's becoming an easy away day for a lot of teams.

Spot on.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I thought it was funny.

Either way he looked quality, it was brilliant watching his runs, he showed great intelligence, he defo had the quickest footballing brain on the pitch.

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak

I hope i'm proved wrong

I overheard a bunch Fulham fans on the train voice this opinion, saying it got their fans going and directly influenced the result. I'm not sure it did. Good to see some passion though (whatever the motive)

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
People seriously think Bent was at fault for us losing?!

Apart from Dunk he was the only one of our players who can look at himself and honestly say that he played well today.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
People seriously think Bent was at fault for us losing?!

Apart from Dunk he was the only one of our players who can look at himself and honestly say that he played well today.

No of course he wasn't why we lost but pumping up the opposition team and fans didnt exactly help

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here