Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Greer

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Was quite pleased to see fewer long misplaced hoofs across the pitch to be honest. Hughes did well.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I was pleasently surprised to see he wasnt, in the squad, especially after reading Naylors tweet that we had extended his contract

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Very harsh on Hughes. Didn't think we missed him at all.....imo

Not so much a swipe at Hughes, who I thought played well...but in terms of having presence and in a leadership role...someone to get the players organized!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hughes played well defensively but does not have the attacking attributes of Greer. Many of our chances come from balls from Greer played to the forward players but we missed that today. That wasnt the cause of our defeat today, that was down to a weak midfield and the wrong tactcs by the management team.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I would imagine Greer was missing to avoid getting a 5th booking and therefore a ban. After today, previous yellows are wiped I believe.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
That is absurd because if he got the 5th booking he would be suspended and we would line up as we did today, no difference.
Only putting forward a suggestion - I don't know the answer.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Didn't miss Greer at all, what we missed was a decent midfield.

What we missed was a midfield of any description. It was alarming to see so many Fulham players in the middle of the pitch with no Albion player within 20 yards of them.

What exactly do they get up to at the American Express Centre of Football Excellence or whatever it's called because tactics don't appear to be on the agenda?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here