Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not One Single Darren Bent Thread On Page One Of NSC Following His Albion Debut So...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
... how was it for you?

For me it was just very pleasing to have a striker who knows his role. It was reassuring to see. OK, Barnes would have had TWO goals today, and a second Albion player in the box occasionally would have been nice, but at least the rest of the mainly headless chickens now have a genuine target man to aim for, in the absence of any other flashes of inspiration. And DB will only get sharper with game play. Hoorah!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Looks more threatening than any forward so far this season.

But probably should have scored two other very good chances. Was unlucky with the header hitting the keepers foot, but should have scored the one on one.

Silly celebration only helped the Fulham fans and possibly their players?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
3 good chances abd a goal. He will score goals at this level and the sharper he gets the better he will be

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Not One Single Darren Bent Thread On Page One Of NSC Following His Albion Deb...

Surprised how pacey he looked. No doubt he will score goals at this level.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Looks more threatening than any forward so far this season.

But probably should have scored two other very good chances. Was unlucky with the header hitting the keepers foot, but should have scored the one on one.

My mate next to the Fulham fans reckon they were giving him loads of stick before he scored.

What a change to someone with absolutely genuine pace for a big man. Class act!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's amazing the difference it makes having a striker that the rest of the team are keen to play 'the' pass too.

Nobody was making Bent run into blind alleys towards the corner flag.
But most importantly we greatly reduced the amount woeful pointless shots from 30 yards.

Onwards and as the prophet Yazz once said:-
The only way is up.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Shouldn't have goaded them. Worked up the players and fans. Good debut though, as in he's got the lucky touch of a top striker that can scuff a shot and it will go in.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Looked a bit rusty, will certainly be a threat for us though especially if we can extend the loan and give him matches.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The celebration was one of my highlights of the season so far.

Other than that I thought he looked really really good. Unlucky with the first header, got another couple on target, would have had many more chances had Kaz stayed on. More of the same please, Dazza.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I'm just being holistic.

Give a man a fish and he can feed his family for a week. Give a man a fishing rod and he can keep a team in the second tier of English Football.

Sorry, I'm not very good at Metaphors, to clarify; Darrent Bent is a fish.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Certainly got the Fulham fans singing for the first time in the game, though the goal may have done that anyway. Players? Nah. We scored against the run of play and the game continued as it had been going.

A striker with a chip on his shoulder and a point to prove is a good thing imo. Get Hyypia out and utilise Bent to get some points on the board while we have him. :clap2:

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
He looked decent and was unlucky that header hit the keeper's shin. First forward this season who looks a danger. With more matches he'll improve and we sure need it on today's offering.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
I enjoyed his performance and the celebration. I don't believe for a moment that the latter had any effect on the game. It did, however, lead to a better than normal atmosphere.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm just being holistic.

Give a man a fish and he can feed his family for a week. Give a man a fishing rod and he can keep a team in the second tier of English Football.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, you aren't good at metaphors. However, who is the fishing rod you refer to that is going to save us?

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I was absolutely gobsmacked we didn't put Sam Baldock up-front to play off him. Really I was.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm just being holistic.

Good point, well made. You're shite at metaphors :thumbsup:

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Bent....A threat up front...Great to see...won ball in the air numerous times.....scored then meltdown....we deserved to lose. Colunga`s red card...not bothered,he was poor....Solly March back and looked good....Lua Lua shouldn`t have been on till last quarter..never seen him play good full game.he`s a last twenty impact player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here