Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please for the love of god move the away support from behind the goal

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Time and time again we are seeing a large away following come to our ground and have a party cheering their team on to victory in the second half. I can count on one hand the amount of grounds that give is the whole end behind a goal. Yes you win or lose on the pitch but we don't need to make it easier for the opposition off it as well.

Sort it out in the summer. We are virtually the only club not to have caught onto this obvious ploy.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I was discussing this with a friend today. You should not have 3000 away fans behind a goal. East stand lower would be the best place

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Time and time again we are seeing a large away following come to our ground and have a party cheering their team on to victory in the second half. I can count on one hand the amount of grounds that give is the whole end behind a goal. Yes you win or lose on the pitch but we don't need to make it easier for the opposition off it as well.

Sort it out in the summer. We are virtually the only club not to have caught onto this obvious ploy.

You are usually a very intelligent and thoughtful poster.

But this is complete nonsense.

Do you seriously think it makes a difference to results where in the ground the away fans are situated?

This is just looking for excuses IMO.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Where would you put them? They're not having my seat in WSU.

Leave them where they are. They didn't win the game, their players did, and they reacted.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I would put them in half of the East/half of the South.

Ideally you'd stick them up in the East Upper but that's probably not practical.

Replacing the family stand area is also not a bad shout and then move the family stand to the South. Would also mean away fans are nearer the train station.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
You are usually a very intelligent and thoughtful poster.

But this is complete nonsense.

Do you seriously think it makes a difference to results where in the ground the away fans are situated?

This is just looking for excuses IMO.

So tell me why pretty much every club in the land does this?

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
I would put them in half of the East/half of the South.

Ideally you'd stick them up in the East Upper but that's probably not practical.

Replacing the family stand area is also not a bad shout and then move the family stand to the South. Would also mean away fans are nearer the train station.

Was tried two seasons ago, people in the east moaned and they changed it.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I think it adds to the atmosphere . IMO it was Bents celebration that got the Fulham fans going today. (Having said that i loved it....well until we lost ,that is ! )

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
We have thousands of our fans sitting in the sky's of WSU.
Do they not realise that whilst they have a crap long distance view of the game they have NO IMPACT on the game or support of the team.
Away fans should be out of the way in WSU whilst we are at both ends...

i would put them in half of the east/half of the south.

Ideally you'd stick them up in the east upper but that's probably not practical.

Replacing the family stand area is also not a bad shout and then move the family stand to the south. Would also mean away fans are nearer the train station.

The esu are the best seats in the house,don't give them away:eek:

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Statistically teams win more games at home and obviously sportsmen, athletes achieve their best when people are cheering them on. Putting away fans as far away from the pitch as possible is obviously going to give us a greater advantage. Please can we sort this out, instead of giving every other club an edge and a genuine hope of a nice away day at the Amex.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

In the context of The Camel's comment, I would just like to remind that Gus said the same when The Amex was built and I respect the view.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here