Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thought the support today was the difference!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I suspect that you are fishing, but if not you are talking bollocks.

Their support was ok, especially in the second half. But it was reactive, not inspirational.

I thought that the 'difference' was that as soon as we score a goal our play becomes shambolic.

Our midfield was over-run, and they were better than us.

Jolene81

Jan 28, 2014
Worthing
Worst atmosphere that I have witnessed in the Northstand since I started sitting there. I sit half way up to the right of the goal and there was very little except negativity from that area. I'm sure plenty will disagree but then I disagree with the people who constantly say that every game is the worst we have played all season.
Normally people join in with one or both sides singing and that drowns out the moaners but not today. I couldn't even start a song myself as I literally have no voice at the moment :annoyed:

I didn't enjoy myself at all and it had nothing to do with the actual game, which I agree was disappointing but the negativity from the area around me far outweighed that. I am going to try and sit in the North west corner for the Millwall game. I'm assuming there are a few spare seats that way. I'm sure the miserable *******s (sorry I meant fans) where I normally sit will be pleased to have a break from my lovely positive support. All I can do is apologise for my outrageous behaviour :albion2:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
To be fair to our fans today I think the vast majority started out with the very best of intentions.

The addition of Bent meant most were excited and willing to start from a clean slate, so to speak. Atmosphere, in a ground fuller than it's been for ages, started off pretty good but it soon fell flat as the game wore on. Kazenga going off didn't help and soon people seem to become disinterested. Once we scored it briefly picked up, only to be knocked down again when they equalised.

By the end the atmosphere, from those that were left at least, had turned completely and there was quite a bit of booing at the end. Understandable in many ways.

For 3003 fans, and considering the result, Fulham didn't give a great account of themselves either if you ask me. Smacked of both sets of fans pissed off at the direction their clubs are currently heading in. They probably only brought such large numbers becuase it's a new ground for them and close by (no idea what their usual away attendances are).

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I suspect that you are fishing, but if not you are talking bollocks.

Their support was ok, especially in the second half. But it was reactive, not inspirational.

I thought that the 'difference' was that as soon as we score a goal our play becomes shambolic.

Our midfield was over-run, and they were better than us.

Agreed, our support was better than it has been, theirs was poor given the numbers.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Our support reflected the performance. Started ok but fell away at the end. Until we can start to put a decent run together at home I can't see it improving.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Poor fishing trip from the OP, for the numbers Fulham were woeful until they took the lead and then not much better. We started well and died much like the team around 20-25 minutes, a somewhat familiar story.
As someone else said the crowd typified 2 poor team void of confidence.

Jolene81

Jan 28, 2014
Worthing
I actually blame Bent for goading the fans, and giving their players all the incentive they need to get back in the game.

Maybe we could ask the away team to goad our fans a bit then? If that's how it works then it could help improve the Squads performance too. Smiles all round :D

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here