Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Bennett - MoM?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
did Stevie Wonder sponsor today's match?

JB was awful and played as if he didnt care. He didn't make one tackle, pulled out of headers, never chased back and when he got the ball in a dangerous position took too many touches and it came to nothing.

I'm not a big fan of Calde but at least he plays with his heart. Stockdale, Bruno, Hughes and Dunk all played well today, and Bennett has been the weak link for much of the season. Put him with Colunga (great pass for the goal) and its a dream team (for the opposing team).

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Were we watching the same game? It wasn't a vintage performance but thought the back 4 in general did well.

I don't think he was MOM, admittedly - though I'd struggle to think of one stand-out player.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Were we watching the same game? It wasn't a vintage performance but thought the back 4 in general did well.

I don't think he was MOM, admittedly - though I'd struggle to think of one stand-out player.

Looks like we agree about defence although I think Bennett took the average right down.

thought Dunk was by far our best player.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dunk by a million miles!

He will no doubt be gone in January!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Was it Bennett and Ince who were weakly scythed apart for Fulham's first? I thought he did some good twists and turns, but defensively he's looking feeble. I don't remember Hughes a lot during the game. Dunk was the man in charge and clearing everything up.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Dunk for me, followed by Colunga, but all the back four played pretty well. NO protection whatsoever from the midfield left them very exposed and vulnerable.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
j Bennetts best game so far for me. Would have given it to Dunk myself, but J Bennett was a decent enough choice

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Bennett played well, I thought. Not MOM, but he was incisive and skilful down the left, and solid enough at the back. There have been times when he's pissed me off this season - today wasn't one of them.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
j Bennetts best game so far for me. Would have given it to Dunk myself, but J Bennett was a decent enough choice

out of interest where do you sit? We sit half way line on west side and JB looked very poor, esp 2nd half when he played in front of us.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
What? Colunga was SHITE today.

No he wasn't. He blew hot and cold - a good ten minutes with some good runs and passes, then a powder-puff ten minutes where he gave the ball away too often, and fell over.

Generally, he offered more of a threat than most. He would have had two assists if Bruno had scored from his sublime pass in the second half (which he should have done).

His sending off, and then taking ages to get off the pitch, was pathetic, though.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Thought he did well first half, looked dangerous in the hole behind bent.

His passing though is shocking

Yh his through ball to bent who scored and his quick FK to pick out Bruno early in 2nd half were dread........

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Was it Bennett and Ince who were weakly scythed apart for Fulham's first? I thought he did some good twists and turns, but defensively he's looking feeble. I don't remember Hughes a lot during the game. Dunk was the man in charge and clearing everything up.

Both and it is not the first time he has stood there with another Brighton player and let the opposition run through them for a goal. I think he has been a good signing at left back but today he was the weak link in defence. The other three had solid games. Dunk was my MOM. Colunga would have been but had an awful last 15 minutes. We lost the game in Midfield again far too lightweight and don't move the ball fast enough. JFC needs four touches before he passes it backwards not what you want when you are one up.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What? Colunga was SHITE today.

Without him we wouldn't have scored. He did a lot of good link work, and IMO was far better than the rest of the midfield bar Benno.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Thought Bennett was OK but not MoM. Would have put Dunk and Bruno ahead.

Well, I agree with two out of three.

I thought Bruno was pretty dire to be honest. Constantly giving the ball away, that chance that he didn't even take on...Not his best game.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Thought Bennett was OK but not MoM. Would have put Dunk and Bruno ahead.
Dunk had an excellent game, Bruno on the other hand constantly miscontrolled the ball and misplaced passes. Both of Fulhams goals came down our left yet our left back gets mom. Colunga assists our a goal and constantly trying to get things moving yet is derided as shit...........strange

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here