Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colunga Red Card

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
The most pointless red card in the history of football... I guess. I had turned the stream off before it happened as I was already clearing up all the toys I had thrown out of my pram when Fulham's second went in.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
He did what the ****ing Ref should have.

It was a blatant penalty, and he was pissed off, so took retribution.

Probably shows how fed up our talented squad is with this talentless manager.

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
Embarrassed to say that I cheered when he was sent off. Utter gash all game. Lighter weight than a fairy. Kept falling over & diving. At least we won't see him for a week or so. Terrible player. Must go with JFK. The manager is blinkered.
Hyypia out.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The most pointless red card in the history of football... I guess. I had turned the stream off before it happened as I was already clearing up all the toys I had thrown out of my pram when Fulham's second went in.

Most pointless red card since Adam Virgo's at Leeds 4 years ago and Glenn Murray's deliberate handball in 2009.

Bognor Seagull

Dec 2, 2011
Embarrassed to say that I cheered when he was sent off. Utter gash all game. Lighter weight than a fairy. Kept falling over & diving. At least we won't see him for a week or so. Terrible player. Must go with JFK. The manager is blinkered.
Hyypia out.

Agree. Worse player on the pitch & our dick of a manager leaves him on when clearly so & also after his first yellow card. Won't be missed. Player & Manager.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm not sure what the first yellow was for - either for taking the kick too quickly (which is laughable) or for dissent, I don't know.

The second? needless. I can see he was frustrated but i don't think the defender was going anywhere, it was just petulant.

I don't agree with the whole 'he was shit anyway' argument. It wasn't a bad game and he was trying to make things happen...didn't always come off to be fair.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm not sure what the first yellow was for - either for taking the kick too quickly (which is laughable) or for dissent, I don't know.

The second? needless. I can see he was frustrated but i don't think the defender was going anywhere, it was just petulant.

I don't agree with the whole 'he was shit anyway' argument. It wasn't a bad game and he was trying to make things happen...didn't always come off to be fair.

How I saw it

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
It was an annoying red card. Have to keep your head and not waste so much time, as a red card always demands. He's very nearly 30, isn't he? Childish.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The first yellow was one of the most ridiculous yellows I've ever seen given.

Was it for that free kick that was taken quickly or for his reaction? If it was the former, then what dick of a red would book someone for trying to get on with the game?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Was it for that free kick that was taken quickly or for his reaction? If it was the former, then what dick of a red would book someone for trying to get on with the game?

It was for taking the free kick quickly.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
It was for taking the free kick quickly.

For taking it before the ref blew his whistle...Joke but second was petulant. So frustrating, Fulham looked rubbish until Bent scored, then we sat back and let them come back into the game. Embarrassing tactical naivety whenever we take the lead we put 11 behind the ball and usually concede within 10mins. Bent looked dangerous when he got chances, 1 header luckily saved by a trailing foot that didn't move, second effort well saved once through and the goal.Think we need to get Tex and Bent together and with Colunga out for a couple of weeks thats probably the way forward.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here