Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Check out my playroom wallpaper - a little bit of Brighton oop North!

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
Saw this in B&Q, couldn't resist for feature wall in my girls playroom / spare room... image.jpg

tool bloody ages to put up though!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Not surprised if you hung it sideways

He didn't. It's due to the visual line of sight dependent on the Earth's curvature the further oop North you go.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Because it's an important part of our shared cultural history. Much like if they were to change the name of Big Ben to the London Clock, or, heaven forbid, the Albion to the Brighton soccer seagulls.

When I was a kid back in the late 70's (west pier was already closed) we used to just call it "the Pier" never actually called it the Palace pier. So when it changed it didn't seem to make any difference. When did they change the name?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Saw this in B&Q, couldn't resist for feature wall in my girls playroom / spare room...View attachment 60490

tool bloody ages to put up though!

Next time you're daan sarf I don't suppose you fancy putting ours up do you? We bought the same paper quite a few months ago and haven't got round to putting it up yet :lolol:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Because it's an important part of our shared cultural history. Much like if they were to change the name of Big Ben to the London Clock, or, heaven forbid, the Albion to the Brighton soccer seagulls.

Is it just me that never tires of getting angry when people call the Elizabeth Tower of the Palace of Westminster 'Big Ben'.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
When I was a kid back in the late 70's (west pier was already closed) we used to just call it "the Pier" never actually called it the Palace pier. So when it changed it didn't seem to make any difference. When did they change the name?

Naughty, you have mentioned their name and as such they are now entitled to post on this thread. Rules is rules.:wink:

Didn't they officially just change the name of Big Ben to the Elizabeth Tower or something?

Not that it was ever officially Big Ben, but you know what I mean

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Didn't they officially just change the name of Big Ben to the Elizabeth Tower or something?

Not that it was ever officially Big Ben, but you know what I mean

They changed it in the Queen's Jubilee year. Before that it was called Clock Tower.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here