Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC Sports Personality of the Year/ Tax Avoider of the Year

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Im going for a rank outsider - Kemy Agustein, just on the basis of hi fashion sense. Blows any achievement by any other sportperson on the planet. Of course this isn't a serious post, probably isn't even funny..... I will get my coat and close the door on the way out

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
Can't really blame McIlroy for that. It's a centre for golf, the weather means you can play all year round, lots of other Pro's there, Poulter has a house out there as well. Given how much time he spends touring around the world and in the US he is probably more US resident than UK resident anyway. I doubt very much he is doing this purely on a tax basis. Hamilton however, that's almost certainly a tax dodge.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Got to be Hamilton must admit I didnt know who Jo Pavey was so googled she is the 41 year old runner I see. Cant think I am the only person who would vote who dont know who she is. So dk not think she will get that many votes in comparison to Hamilton and McIlroy who everybodh knows of.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Can't really blame McIlroy for that. It's a centre for golf, the weather means you can play all year round, lots of other Pro's there, Poulter has a house out there as well. Given how much time he spends touring around the world and in the US he is probably more US resident than UK resident anyway. I doubt very much he is doing this purely on a tax basis. Hamilton however, that's almost certainly a tax dodge.

I am sure there are definite tax advantages but if you were that rich and spent half the year travelling around the world maybe you would prefer to spend your free winter in a sunnier place than Stevenage!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
What's wrong with avoiding tax?

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here