Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roy KEANE QUITS Villa

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The official reason was that he couldn't combine Ireland, a young family and his Villa commitments. Assuming that is accurate, I'd be astonished if he were to take up another role.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Could it be that it has something to do with Villa not doing well and sending Bent to Brighton when they can't score goals was the final straw?
Keane would never make a good number 2 anyway far too headstrong and too much to say for himself though often correct.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Has their ever been a footballer and captain as good, who's been so useless as a manager / coach?

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Bryan Robson

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mark Lawrenson
Tony Adams
Stuart Pearce

How could you forget Bobby Charlton, absolutely useless as a manager.

Didn't Lawrenson do OK at Oxford and quit because of the sale of Dean Saunders without his knowledge? Not sure he ever managed again?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'd quite like him down here even though he's a nutcase! Love the fact he hates Adrian Chiles

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Gotta be a lot more to the story than "I'm going to spend more time with Ireland", which he was doing anyway before he got the job. Maybe he was waiting for, or expecting, Lambert to get sacked, and when it didn't happen decided to duck out. But there's plenty more to this I'm sure.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here