Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami wants Gardner to stay for the season and Solly may be back tomorrow

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Argus:

Albion want to keep Gary Gardner for the rest of the season.

The midfielder's loan from Aston Villa is due to expire on January 1.

Albion boss Sami Hyypia is eager to Gardner's services, with no end in sight to the injury absence of Dale Stephens and Andrew Crofts out for the rest of the campaign with knee damage.

Hyypia said: "We've had some talks and I would very much like Gary to stay with us until the end of the season.

"I've talked with him already and hopefully we can sort things out so that he can stay."

Gardner, 22, has made 15 appearances for Albion and scored in each of the last two home games against Wigan and Blackburn Rovers.

Stephens has yet to feature under Hyypia after damaging ankle ligaments in April.

Hyypia said: "Dale is up and down. It must be frustrating for him. He doesn't know when he will be back.

"One week it's a bit better and one week it's a bit worse. We need to try to do everything we can to get him fit as soon as possible but it is going up and down quite a lot. Hopefully for his mental sake he will be back soon."

Hyypia has hinted that Solly March is in contention for a place on the bench against Fulham at the Amex tomorrow.

The versatile playmaker was due to make a 45-minute comeback from four months out with a stress fracture of the back in Wednesday's postponed development squad game at Charlton.

Hyypia said: "Normally I would want the player to play one game or part of the game in the ds before he would be in our squad but Solly has showed in training he is very hungry and sharp at the moment."

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Stephens has yet to feature under Hyypia after damaging ankle ligaments in April.

Hyypia said: "Dale is up and down. It must be frustrating for him. He doesn't know when he will be back.

"One week it's a bit better and one week it's a bit worse. We need to try to do everything we can to get him fit as soon as possible but it is going up and down quite a lot. Hopefully for his mental sake he will be back soon."

It was such a shit pointless challenge by that Yeovil sub. What an idiot.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Good news on March though.

Not what you meant but March is about when we might finally see Dale back playing..... :(

With Halford staying (and likely to be available from January) I wonder if he might get the nod ahead of Ince tomorrow ?
Extra experience against a side enjoying a bit of a bounce might be sensible.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not what you meant but March is about when we might finally see Dale back playing..... :(

With Halford staying (and likely to be available from January) I wonder if he might get the nod ahead of Ince tomorrow ?

Please, God, no.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

If he starts Halford then he really has lost the plot.

Can't see it myself.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
If he lays on the goal line - he would only have to wave his hand and raise his leg to stop any shots raining in on him - could be the way forward

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Extending or even starting Halfords loan is odd as he is rubbish in most positions. In his best, centre back, he is barely comparable to Adam El Abd.

Agreed, if it wasn't for Elliott and Bent (though on fence with him, until I see him today), I would say we are setting our sight's very low indeed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here