Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Brighton and Hove Albion had never existed.Who do you think you would have supported?

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
I would probably have stayed local myself and followed Whitehawk.
London clubs leave me cold,and there is nothing on the South Coast I could have attatched myself to.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
A London club

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
My first club were Spurs in 1967 when I was very young and watched my first ever FA Cup final on TV. Just chose that team. Easiest big team to get to was Chelsea so saw them a few times. But that all changed in March 1972 when I discovered my beloved team.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Brighton & Hove United?
Brighton Wanderers?
Brighton Rovers?
Who knows??? what a silly question!
If BHA didn't exist then another team from Brighton would have instead, so that one.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Dynamo FC Real Club Deportivo de la Hurstpierpoint, Cowfold and Ditchling Wanderers Athletic United FC Football Club FC Rangers Albion AFC

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Prob Palace

Moved to surrey in the 70`s from Birmingham,the old man said ill take you to a football game today son,where would you like to go? Palace or Brighton?

Seaside please dad.....Croydon smells funny!

Thank God for dads!

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Born in Bournemouth but moved away when I was 11, up to Billingshurst so Albion it had to be. 45 years and counting.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I would guess no one or Pompey. Virtually the same thing.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Born in Surrey, so it would have been Crystal Palace all the way. Altogether now: "We love you, we love you, we love you and that's the way we like it, we like it, we like it, whooa whooa whoooo, whooa, whooa, whoooo. We love you, we love you, we love you, we bounce around in our black hoodies, black hoodies, black hoodies, whoooa whooa whooo..."

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
When we moved to the south east from Wiltshire, my dad had got a job in Crawley. So one of the criteria for moving was that our house would be 25 miles from the office and there would be a league football team close by.

We moved to brighton, so it was this lot. If we had moved to Croydon area, it would have been palace.

So it was by sheer luck that my life has been filled with all things brighton.

Would have liked to support Chelsea though if truth be known. All those league winners, cups, overseas games, best teams in the world at your ground, nutter managers, decent ground and megalomaniac owner...what more do you need?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My family are all Arsenal fans so maybe them. However it's realistic to think I wouldn't have followed football at all. I was attracted by everything except the sport.

I grew up in Poets Corner in the 70s and people used to park their car in our road on matchdays. If the wind was right you could hear the crowd when we scored and you'd certainly see a few sights if you went to Hove Park or Hove Station at the wrong time on a Saturday. My parents didn't like football much so these blokes with their ciggies and scarves round their wrists were totally different to anything i saw normally. And I REALLY wanted to be making that noise when a goal went in. If I hadn't have grown up around it I probably wouldn't have got in to it at all and just played and followed cricket which I've always loved purely for the game and nothing else.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Probably Southampton, one of my brothers supports them and I imagine the other 2 may have followed suit if Brighton weren't around, so I may well have done the same.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Spurs maybe Crawley now,followed Haywards Heath when they beat Seaford in the two legged Charity cup final many years ago I think it was 9-1 on aggregate to the Heath also Brian Powney was watching the game at Crouch Gardens. Liked Seaford as I lived in Sherwood road for nine years before moving to the Heath in 1965. Watched spurs arsenal and the scum in the past years and Aldershot a couple times I do have many Palace mates.:ffsparr:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I don't really watch any other football other than Brighton and my sons team, so probably Abergavenny.

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here