Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Wear an old band t-shirt to work day' Friday 28/11/14

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
An initiative I heard mentioned on BBC 6Music will see me wearing my Dandy Warhol's Guy Burwell print number for the day's toils tomoz :smile:

Anyone else onboard this, and wodja' wearing ???

Enjoy :)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Working from home means I do this most days, but i'll ensure that tomorrow's effort is musically inclined. Probably a Decemberists T shirt.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Didn't know about this, so will dredge out either my Hot Snakes or P W Long T-shirt.
If I had a Brian Jonestown Massacre one, I'd have to wear that, just to balance out Spun Cuppa's attire.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Ok, I'll go for my 1982 Stones Wembley tour shirt...who has got earliest dated out there, that can wear still!?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I shall dig out my only Rock band T Shirt - Santana Blues for Salvador

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Looks like I'll be digging out my trusty Dark Side of the Moon Floyd t-shirt.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
An avid 6 Music listener for years, I've begun switching it off more and more because the amount of waffle seems to be increasing all the time and all the endless talk of the 'wear an old band t-shirt to work' of late isn't helping. Just play some f/ing music why don't you, no one gives a s**t about John Stevens from Lincs phoning in/emailing in about going into his job as an insurance salesman wearing a homemade 1987 It's Immaterial t-shirt for fark's ache! (rant over)

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Would HAVE to be this gem though (needs a warm iron)

Tube.jpg

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I hadn't realised it was WAOBTSTW day but had put on a cheeky threadbare Throwing Muses number anyhow

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
This idea is probably aimed at middle aged codgers though isn't it?

Hey! Less of the "middle aged"..........!! :lolol:

Edit: I was very tempted to break out the original Tyrranasaurus Rex tee from circa 1968 but sadly (moth holes apart) it now only gets half way down the beer gut before giving up and rolling back under my moobs :nono:

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Its only the mention of this thing that had me think about it. I was sure I had loads somewhere.

But the Meat is Murder one got ripped playing football. The Queen is Dead got burned in a freak barbequeuing tradgedy. The House of Love (butterfly) was borrowed by a girl who stayed over, to sleep in, and never re-appeared. The long sleeved Wonderstuff one bought outside the Brixton Academy got used as a painting apron. Boys Don't Cry - gardening.

Etc, etc, etc.

I've nothing left.

(Still, better nothing, than be one of these knobbers who buys a Ramones or Jam t-shirt from Primark, who wouldn't know Marky Ramone from Marky Mark, or Bruce Foxton from Fiona Bruce...)

Its only the mention of this thing that had me think about it. I was sure I had loads somewhere.

But the Meat is Murder one got ripped playing football. The Queen is Dead got burned in a freak barbequeuing tradgedy. The House of Love (butterfly) was borrowed by a girl who stayed over, to sleep in, and never re-appeared. The long sleeved Wonderstuff one bought outside the Brixton Academy got used as a painting apron. Boys Don't Cry - gardening.

Etc, etc, etc.

I've nothing left.

(Still, better nothing, than be one of these knobbers who buys a Ramones or Jam t-shirt from Primark, who wouldn't know Marky Ramone from Marky Mark, or Bruce Foxton from Fiona Bruce...)

Please amend with meat is murder getting burned at the bbq!:moo:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here