Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

12 year old shot dead in America

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It was actually a replica BB gun which looked like a real weapon not a toy gun and a police officer has to make a split second decision if their life is in danger , in which cases it is a question of kill or be killed.

Disagree. They've lied through there teeth anyway, apparently he was asked multiple times to drop the weapon yet the video clearly shows that did not happen, he was shot within seconds of the police arrival. Trying to defend the police actions here is impossible IMO.

As was posted earlier in this thread 'I predict a riot'

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Disagree. They've lied through there teeth anyway, apparently he was asked multiple times to drop the weapon yet the video clearly shows that did not happen, he was shot within seconds of the police arrival. Trying to defend the police actions here is impossible IMO.

To add to that the person who made the call to the police stated he thought the person was a juvenile and that the gun could be a toy/ replica however this was not passed onto the police that arrived at the scene.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

There was TV footage shown on Sky of the replica gun lying on a table presumably to show viewers how realistic it was.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A couple of weeks ago I was reading a psychiatrists article on the Leeds lad who stabbed to death his Spanish teacher, in class.

Chilling would be an understatement.

My takeaway from this opinion piece was:-

'Christ if this kid were American he'd have taken out the whole class, and half the school'.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
It was actually a replica BB gun which looked like a real weapon not a toy gun and a police officer has to make a split second decision if their life is in danger , in which cases it is a question of kill or be killed.

Not only that; the 911 call reported a boy repeatedly pulling a gun out of his trousers and pointing it at people.

The BB Gun had the mandatory bright orange plastic guard (legally required by law on 'toy' guns) purposefully removed.

The Gun was then reportedly pointed at the Police Officers.

If the above text is accurate, I wouldn't have done anything differently than that of the Police Officer in question.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Is the correct answer and not to mention the risk that this person could have on the general public.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I still think shooting a kid in the leg would have solved the problem and raised the chances of him living.

I'll guess you've never fired a handgun.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Is the correct answer and not to mention the risk that this person could have on the general public.

You've got to be kidding surely? The car arrived and within seconds the 12 year old boy was shot dead. The police have clearly fabricated a story about him being asked to drop the weapon and also the person who made the 911 call said the offender was a juvenile and the gun was probably fake, was this information passed on to the police? If so, why did the trigger happy officer shoot within seconds of arrival.

This isn't exactly the first case of the American police using a shoot first ask questions later rule is it either

Genuine question. Have you any personal experience of using firearms?

Nope, unless firing toy guns counts.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
You've got to be kidding surely? The car arrived and within seconds the 12 year old boy was shot dead. The police have clearly fabricated a story about him being asked to drop the weapon and also the person who made the 911 call said the offender was a juvenile and the gun was probably fake, was this information passed on to the police? If so, why did the trigger happy officer shoot within seconds of arrival.

This isn't exactly the first case of the American police using a shoot first ask questions later rule is it either?
You can call it what you want pal and fabricate it as much as you like...It takes a second to kill and he made the right decision at the time.

Yes he may have had a tip off about a fake gun etc..but that's all it is a tip off.
The officer did the correct thing and other youngsters should remember this next time they wanna piss around with replica guns.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here