Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

CMS still loves us

1 Not allowed!

Refreshing to hear a loanee state he still wants to go back to his parent club to win his place back.

Hopefully a few goals down at the posh will install renewed confidence into his game.

Whilst he's not what we all hoped I do still think he has something to offer
    Dickinson Looking for Crofts.....Its in the bag for Brighton!!!!!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

4 Not allowed!
      Yep as I have said many times, anyone that does not think plenty of Championship clubs would be interested in CMS is clueless.
      Time for some proper football, win lose or draw :-)
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Yep as I have said many times, anyone that does not think plenty of Championship clubs would be interested in CMS is clueless.
      They'd only end up disappointed, he doesn't have the ball control, the speed, or the guile of a Championship striker. I'm bored with hearing how we haven't played to his strengths, he looks uncomfortable at this level when he gets the ball. I can think of maybe 5 occasions when he looked quality in the whole time he's been here.

Being a really nice guy isn't enough for £3.5 million.

*clueless*
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      They'd only end up disappointed, he doesn't have the ball control, the speed, or the guile of a Championship striker. I'm bored with hearing how we haven't played to his strengths, he looks uncomfortable at this level when he gets the ball. I can think of maybe 5 occasions when he looked quality in the whole time he's been here.

Being a really nice guy really isn't enough for £3.5 million.

*clueless*
      I like his effort and commitment but I can't deny having to agree with someone here who said his second touch is invariabely a tackle
      VERY part time moderator Giraffe's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      I think in the right formation he can still do a job in the championship. Out of all our forwards I would still say he would the most goals if you played him for ten games. That might be only three though!

With Bent here though I can see why he has gone. Will be interesting to see what happens of he bangs a fee in whilst there which I suspect he will. Pretty sure they will try to sign him back in January and as he is out of contract in the summer I suspect he will go.

1 Not allowed!
      CMS is not a footballer for modern (Albion) championship managers. He tries to do a job upfront alone, but he's far better playing close to a strike partner. If CMS had been next to Murray or Ulloa he would've scored a hatful. But he would've never been next to a target man. It's a circular reference.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post

Being a really nice guy isn't enough for £3.5 million.

*clueless*
      Although I agree, there may be an element of confidence involved maybe? The guy has played a certain way for 3 years at Peterborough, signed for Brighton and was told we'd build the team around him, and then steadfastly refused to adapt in any way to his style of play. Surely that would knock the confidence of a goalscorer, especially as he's not scoring as much as he'd like.
      Eternally hopeful...

2 Not allowed!
      Let's hope a knocks a load in and comes back with renewed confidence. Can't fault his commitment.
      Either that wallpaper goes or I do
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Would have been interesting to see how he got on with Bent if given the chance