Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland are just about to get tonked by the Pensioners.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
JM spent most of last season saying that Chelsea were not in the reckoning for the Prem. None of us believed him for a minute! You could sense the venom firing round his system after Sunderland wrecked his beloved team's prospects, assisted by lady luck. The very same lady that has attached itself to Gus Poyet in his quest for success in his managerial career.
As most of us wise head know, Lady Luck can metamorphosis into a cruel flaky mistress. A Jezebel nay Delilah who can crop us in our prime.
It's pay back time with bells on as Jose teams up with the woman scorned from Hell to reap vengeance on our ex manager.
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Gus for the good work he did at our club and let him know there are no hard feelings it goes without saying.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
This weekend will finally see the tonking you have been wishing for the last 3 games that we have drawn or won, an in form Chelsea will rip apart Sunderland, shame it has to be on national TV at Saturday tea time

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
This weekend will finally see the tonking you have been wishing for the last 3 games that we have drawn or won, an in form Chelsea will rip apart Sunderland, shame it has to be on national TV at Saturday tea time
Now you're talking sense! OK my previous predictions were very slightly out due to an admin error.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Now you're talking sense! OK my previous predictions were very slightly out due to an admin error.

Haha, I do worry in a way about this game but at the same time not, we are playing a team that is playing amazing football running away with the league, and easily got through there champs league group, as such if we do anything better than lose by 5 I will be happy

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Haha, I do worry in a way about this game but at the same time not, we are playing a team that is playing amazing football running away with the league, and easily got through there champs league group, as such if we do anything better than lose by 5 I will be happy

But they only beat WBA 2-0 at home last weekend, and that was playing against 10 men for over an hour.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd be surprised if Chelsea tonk Sunderland, given they'll be just getting back from Germany now. More a case of 2-0, rather than 5 or 6-0.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
is jimbob5 Uncle Spielberg's football betting personality?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Feck Sunderland getting tonked what I want to know is when will Palace get a tonking. A year and a half in the Premier League and I don't think they've had a single good thumping, have I missed one?. It's all very disappointing

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
are you ****ing lost..?

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Feck Sunderland getting tonked what I want to know is when will Palace get a tonking. A year and a half in the Premier League and I don't think they've had a single good thumping, have I missed one?. It's all very disappointing
I think you have to let things lie. We had our differences but it's time to move on. The same applies to Gus Poyet of course. You can't go on living in the past folks.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
we we we we ....re sunderland.....are you lost ...? that is all.....i wouldn't be surprised if you nick a point but i wont be surprised when you lose 6-0 either.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
we we we we ....re sunderland.....are you lost ...? that is all.....i wouldn't be surprised if you nick a point but i wont be surprised when you lose 6-0 either.

I live on the south coast now and joined the forum as I had a season ticket for the first couple of years at the Amex so that I could see live local football

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I was going to say. A flight to Germany in this day and age is smoother than a half mile bus ride at rush hour.

Most Prem teams competing midweek in Europe seem to dip in their weekend game. It's not just about the travel, it's about the preparation for the weekend game.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Threads like this often come back to bite the OP on their bottoms.
Football sometimes repeats itself, and/or show oddly coincidental symmetry - Chelsea's last lost was v Sunderland.
Teams in the champions league often struggle the weekend after a european game (even when at home).
Top teams often overlook lower teams at their peril.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here