Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where do we still need to strengthen in January?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Tony Bloom said a couple of weeks ago he was prepared to spend in January for us to strengthen.

IF (big if) Benno and Bent(o) extend their deals, what other positions do we still need strength in?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Tony Bloom said a couple of weeks ago he was prepared to spend in January for us to strengthen.

IF (big if) Benno and Bent(o) extend their deals, what other positions do we still need strength in?

Assuming that Bent does fix the up front issue, I would like to see more depth in our defence. We don't have much cover there in my opinion (as shown by Halford loan), but maybe development squad players could step up?

Dec 29, 2011
A good young cb, if none of the ds are ready for the step up. Only a matter of time until dunk is drawing attention and Greer and Hughes are both getting old.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Assuming we have Stevens and March back.......,;.

I would expect O'Grady and Chicksen to be out on loan and I can see CMS going so that we at least recoup some cash. AlsoI have heard rumours that Kaz wants to head back to the northeast...........

This would give us a squad of:-

GK. Stockdale. Walton. Ankergren
FB. Bruno Bennett (J) Calderon.
CB. Greer. Dunk. Hughes
DMF Ince. Stevens Forster-Caskey Holla Toko Agustein
AMF March. Colunga Texeira McCourt
S. Bent. Baldock

On that basis I think I would be busting a gut to get Elliot Bennett on a season-long loan or even a permanent deal. I think I would live with the fullback position (Calde can cover either side and Hughes is also a regular fullback). We would still be short up front but with the experience of Bent and Baldock I would now be looking for a youngster with promise either from lower leagues or abroad - green/tall/pacey.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Also I have heard rumours that Kaz wants to head back to the northeast...........

Where to?!

Newcastle - no chance
Sunderland - no chance
Middlesborough - no chance

Really think he wants to go to Hartlepool?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Two new centre backs. Both with Prem/champ experience and in their late 20s.

A midfield destroyer...like what Ince will be in a couple of years.

Darren Bent

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Assuming Sammi will still want to pursue his style of attacking full backs then a right back much as I love Bruno and Calderon they do not have the pace to play that game.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Our midfield is gash and creates jack shite..we really need to get a couple if not one quality midfielder who can actually get forward and pick a pass.Worst midfield we've had for years.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Assuming we have Stevens and March back.......,;.

I would expect O'Grady and Chicksen to be out on loan and I can see CMS going so that we at least recoup some cash. AlsoI have heard rumours that Kaz wants to head back to the northeast...........

This would give us a squad of:-

GK. Stockdale. Walton. Ankergren
FB. Bruno Bennett (J) Calderon.
CB. Greer. Dunk. Hughes
DMF Ince. Stevens Forster-Caskey Holla Toko Agustein
AMF March. Colunga Texeira McCourt
S. Bent. Baldock

On that basis I think I would be busting a gut to get Elliot Bennett on a season-long loan or even a permanent deal. I think I would live with the fullback position (Calde can cover either side and Hughes is also a regular fullback). We would still be short up front but with the experience of Bent and Baldock I would now be looking for a youngster with promise either from lower leagues or abroad - green/tall/pacey.

Well that's CMS gone and O'Grady should be at Sheffield by this time tomorrow.....

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I'd look during the window for a new owner.

There's got to be a corrupt Thai politician, Russian petro-spiv, American sports-managment consortium or dodgy Gulf sheik who's put in a transfer request.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm struggling to remember Stephens being 'The Saviour of the Albion' before his injury.

It's not like he was pi$$ poor or anything like that, but I only remember him as 'just another player'.

Anyhoo we need a player who will be 30 yards from goal and pass the ball FORWARD quickly and efficiently.

If that man is Stephens then great, but I can't help thinking come March there's going to be some Stephens is shitehouse threads.
Which he isn't but the simple fact is, it would be impossible for him to play to the standard he's been elevated to, all the while he's been injured.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here