Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who does Burke know at Villa?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
So with Bent completing his loan spell thats the third player we have on loan from them this season.

Bent
Gardener
J.Bennett.

So who is doing us a favour, or is this just a coincidence.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It seems strange that we seem to have specific relationships with any one club at a time, we briefly had a flurry of loans of players from Man City, then we bought a number of players from Swansea now we are getting a flurry of loans from Aston Village. Odd.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Coincidence - or the natural outcome of us asking for one player we knew was available and being offered another who needed game time. I suspect we went for Bennett and were offered Gardner as well.
Once we had a decent relationship it would just need a cheeky ask about Bent and with Lambert desperate to get rid it would just be down to how much we've had to pay and whether he said yes. I gather that if things work out he isn't expected back at Villa this season then he will be out of contract and available on a free to the highest bidder (or maybe where he feels happy if the money is reasonable).

If Lambert had kept playing him in a 2 man front line you would think he would have scored a few and retained a residual value of maybe £7m or £8m at least. Sticking to one man up front and counter-attacking has cost them big bucks. In a poll in the local rag 80% of Villa fans yesterday said they would rather have kept Bent and played him regularly. Lambert is about as popular with them as Hyypia is on here. :(

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess we can be reassured that Bennett and Gardener are having a positive enough time here to not put Bent off.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Coincidence - or the natural outcome of us asking for one player we knew was available and being offered another who needed game time. I suspect we went for Bennett and were offered Gardner as well.
Once we had a decent relationship it would just need a cheeky ask about Bent and with Lambert desperate to get rid it would just be down to how much we've had to pay and whether he said yes. I gather that if things work out he isn't expected back at Villa this season then he will be out of contract and available on a free to the highest bidder (or maybe where he feels happy if the money is reasonable).
:(

I suspect this is accurate. Shame we ever made contact with Barnsley...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here