Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sri Lanka v England 1st ODI

Ridiculous team selection, this is like the 1990s all over again. Stokes has been messed around with horribly by the management - he's batted as high as 3 but today could be in at 8, and has been picked as the third seamer. Do they really think that a new ball pairing of Woakes and Gurney were going to cause the Sri Lankans any problems at all?

And that's without mentioning the travesty that is Cook and Bell in the top 3. One of them (Bell), OK, but no way two of them. If I was Hales or James Taylor I'd be fuming.

larus

Ridiculous team selection, this is like the 1990s all over again. Stokes has been messed around with horribly by the management - he's batted as high as 3 but today could be in at 8, and has been picked as the third seamer. Do they really think that a new ball pairing of Woakes and Gurney were going to cause the Sri Lankans any problems at all?

And that's without mentioning the travesty that is Cook and Bell in the top 3. One of them (Bell), OK, but no way two of them. If I was Hales or James Taylor I'd be fuming.

The following that with Root at 4. Severe lack of power/aggressive batsmen there. We are still playing the one-day format from 15 years ago. This format of the game has changed, and the England team aren't accepting that fact.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Our attack has offered absolutely nothing. Our tactics seem to be: keep them down to 300, then bat slowly to keep 8 wickets in hand to score at 8-10 per over for the final 15. Seen it all before. Not the right way to play the modern game.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
ODI cricket right out of the 1980's, absolutely disgusting.

Can't wait for us to stink the place out at a sixth consecutive Cricket World Cup next Spring.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Sussex style COLLAPSE is on...

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Bad fan completely forgot this was on , Sri Lanka 317-6 off 50 overs , meanwhile back in Englands green and pleasent land Matt Prior oozes class as a sky pundit when asked how do you think we played , his reply was Honest ? well rubbish frankly :lolol:

Cook given out twice in 1st over reviewed twice and not out twice .

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Captain Cook prods forward... misses... and is plumb. Walks off with no review. 10 from 17 balls.

51-1 (6.1 overs)

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Moeen ALI is SMASHING it... 51 from from 25 balls, 10 FOURs :clap2:

74-1 (9 overs)

:facepalm:

No, no, no Moeen. This is not the way to play ODI cricket for England, I imagine Moores will soon be coaching that natural flair out of him before the end of the series.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here