Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When away days were worth it just for the support !!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Nope,would not swap where we are for that,take me back to at least 1990-91 and i could be sold....

Trouble with that video and the bell is it has an all too familiar ring of our recent league 1 days....

Sadly for Pompey though they won't be coming back any time soon...

Jan 30, 2008
Look no further than the cost of travelling to away games and the type of people with disposable income to do it , self explanatory
regards
DR

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I'm not sure what's worse, the way the home support has deteriorated or the away. So quiet on Saturday despite the top numbers.

Ok I've heard louder from the Albion faithful at away games - but it still sounded pretty good from my perspective sat among the home fans further along in the Jarrold Stand. Great effort, well done.

It was great to listen to the comments around us grudgingly acknowledging the noise made by Albion fans. A couple of neutrals from Nottingham sat alongside us said 'the singing from your lot has certainly shown up Norwich'. :thumbsup:

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Exactly this.
Was dead against the drum, but we need to do something.

At each end of the East Upper there is a large flat section for disabled fans and to my mind the perfect place for a drum and brass section. It would probably work best in the NE corner but of course would require the co-operation of the North. If they decided to sing against the band it would be an embarrassing disaster. I'm aware that some people would think that having a band would be an embarrassment in itself but you're never going to please everyone.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We could try different things to boost the atmosphere the guys we should ask what they think are the youngsters who are our next generation of fans. I would try anything to increase the atmosphere even Bagpipes:rock::ascarf::wrong::flameboun:clap::banana::jester::fishing::drama::goal:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Ok I've heard louder from the Albion faithful at away games - but it still sounded pretty good from my perspective sat among the home fans further along in the Jarrold Stand. Great effort, well done.

It was great to listen to the comments around us grudgingly acknowledging the noise made by Albion fans. A couple of neutrals from Nottingham sat alongside us said 'the singing from your lot has certainly shown up Norwich'. :thumbsup:

I agree, it wasn't the loudest Albion away support, but the home support was pitiful for 95% of the game.

BUT don't buy all this rubbish from the back in the day brigade. When it was 'tasty' in the early 80s it put off many more fans than it encouraged. I remember going to Everton in the top division and we had less than a hundred fans there. You got bussed to the ground for your own protection. No banter in a pub with away fans. No beer in the ground. So few of us that if you were lairy, they would 'spot' you and wait outside for you. That was the reality of away travel to many places. Who wants to go back to that?

PG

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Have to say, it used to be fantastic every away game, now it's just well, meh. This plus the cost is why I'm doing far less aways than I used to.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here