Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC 2014 Sports Personality of the year,The Ten.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Plug not on the list this year ?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Golfer Rory McIlroy, footballer Gareth Bale, gymnast Max Whitlock, F1's Lewis Hamilton and swimmer Adam Peaty are on the list with Lizzy Yarnold (skeleton).

Boxer Carl Froch, Charlotte Dujardin (dressage), athlete Jo Pavey, plus Paralympic skier Kelly Gallagher and guide Charlotte Evans are nominated.

The public vote for their favourite by phone and online on the night.

With an array of candidates to choose from, an expert 12-member panel faced some difficult choices finalising the shortlist.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Will be a straight fight between Mcllroy & Hamilton.

Which is a shame. There are obviously lots of parameters in who is the best of the year, but the voting public will vote for who they know. More people know about Hamilton than Pavey, but it could be argued that her endeavours trump those of Lewis.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Does anyone still watch this dross anymore?

The last winner with any personality was Red Rum.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Went off Lewis when set up residence in Switzerland saying it has because he was getting too much
hassle off the British public. Nothing to do Tax reasons? Even his own dad told him to stop being false. Jo Pavey all the way for me!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
If want to know why it will be Hamilton, watch this years qualifying and race at Silverstone

:bowdown:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
It's gonna be close between McIlroy & Hamilton. Would personally like to see Lewis win it

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I think Hamilton is a shoo in - the most recent achievements are in the minds of the public and him winning the F1 has just happened. Personally I'd go for Lizzy Yarnold or Kelly Gallagher

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here