Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any Moth enthusiasts on here!!

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
My wife found this moth at work at Newhaven Fort today. It's an Oleander Hawk - Apparently it's incredibly rare in this country.

...and its bloody 7 cm's long!

The countries Moth experts are very excited about the find...

B3OQeFXCMAAA2jG.jpg

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I saw one like that but bright orange!

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Looks like An Oleander Hawk Moth,rarely found north of the Alps. Looks like a rare sighting

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Lovely looking moth, but wouldn't like to be trapped in the same room as it.

I was trapped in a room with a humming bird moth. I've picked up snakes and scorpions and had close encounters with spiders, but that big b-stard made me scream like a little girl.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
An Environment Agency chap apparently came an took it away...

He called back later in the day to say it was delicious!

Yes, you definately found an eater. That's why they are so rare.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
My cats love Moths,i hate them personally,but i have to say that is a real thing of beauty and is quite a sight...that said i think even my cats would run from that thing so if it did find it's way into my home it would be up to my missus again to sort it out,she deals with the spiders and so forth.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Visiting my folks in Woodingdean one last day last summer I saw a hummingbird moth in their garden in daylight, it was about 2 inches long and really did look like a hummingbird.

Managed to get a video of it too. Can I upload a video direct from an iPhone on here or do you have to upload to YouTube and link it?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Visiting my folks in Woodingdean one last day last summer I saw a hummingbird moth in their garden in daylight, it was about 2 inches long and really did look like a hummingbird.

Managed to get a video of it too. Can I upload a video direct from an iPhone on here or do you have to upload to YouTube and link it?

I don't think you can upload direct, best bet is something like Youtube.

The reason I was chased by a hummingbird moth was because the Ecuadorean farmer that lived with us in the Cloudforest decided to cook chips and set fire to the plastic window netting - inviting all and sundry in.
Impressive things.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Perhaps we should do away with the current away kits and adopt the moths pattern for a new away shirt,looks evil and menacing,should help get a few wins for us.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The reason I was chased by a hummingbird moth was because the Ecuadorean farmer that lived with us in the Cloudforest decided to cook chips and set fire to the plastic window netting

You're turning into Meades Ball.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I don't think you can upload direct, best bet is something like Youtube.

The reason I was chased by a hummingbird moth was because the Ecuadorean farmer that lived with us in the Cloudforest decided to cook chips and set fire to the plastic window netting - inviting all and sundry in.
Impressive things.

Like this?

[https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=keeTfZsDUDQ]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here