Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mac Repairs in Brighton - Recommendations?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
My other half's MacBook Pro has a charging/battery problem. Black x inside battery icon, powers off if mag cable connector unplugged.

To avoid the dreaded Apple Store and iWateringBill (TM) experience, who would NSC's finest recommend to take a look and fix this?

There is a shop on Queens road, think it is simply called the 'lap top repair shop' or something like that. Its just past the Yamaha keyboard shop on the right hand side if you are walking towards the station. None computer related but took my I-Phone in there having dropped it on the floor at work, Apple shop announced it to be deceased whereas the guy's in the lap top shop had it fixed in about 45 minutes for around £30.

They would definitely be worth a try.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I know it isn't Brighton (i don't know if you're willing/able to travel) but I've taken mine to the Laptop Workshop in Worthing and they've been great both times. A hell of a lot cheaper than going through Apple or any of their resellers (Solutions Inc, etc).

The Mac Man is up the road from me in Quebec Street in Brighton. I have no experience of them, so cannot recommend them, just letting you know of another Mac repairer.

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
Another option.....

http://www.rh-computers.com (Hove)

I have used this company for an under warranty repair as the apple store could not fit me in for weeks, and that was just to look at it. Robert the owner was amazing, he looked at it, let me take away the laptop whilst the part arrived (which others would not do) then I took it back when the part was in and they did it that afternoon, picked it up in the evening all fixed. Was really good service, well impressed.

Aug 4, 2011
Depends if the problem is just a battery replacement and it's one of the old style models. That's just a simple swap, very easy. If it's a new style one and out of warranty, bad luck. New motherboard beckons!

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Depends if the problem is just a battery replacement and it's one of the old style models. That's just a simple swap, very easy. If it's a new style one and out of warranty, bad luck. New motherboard beckons!
Thanks for that! It's around six years old and I replaced the battery March 2012. It's been on mains connection most of its life, so I had imagined the battery would still be okay. Maybe not...?

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I recommend "Purplemac" who are in Worth near Crawley. I had a problem with mine last Christmas. They picked it up on 23/12/13, let me know what the problem was that day and had it back to me on 27/12/13. Great service.
Phone number is 01293 534428 and they collect

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Lots of dry-cleaners these days do repairs and alterations if the OP was talking about the other sort of mac.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here