Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premier League brings disappointment?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Looking at the Premier League table right now I see that the three bottom places are filled by the same 3 teams that got promoted out of the Championship last season.

Is this what we should expect when our day comes, or are we secretly hoping to do a Southampton?

Northern Monkey

Dec 5, 2012
When our day comes? Let's concentrate on staying in the Championship first shall we, then worry about making some increasingly unlikely assault on promotion.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Whoever gets promoted is always going to be a favourite to be relegated, so long as fans understand this then they should make the most of it and enjoy it whist it lasts.

Have to get there first, it won't be this season.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
If Southampton end up qualifying for the Champions League, it will be the greatest achievement since the Premier League started, imho.

We can aim to emulate them, but it will take a very long time. The best we can hope for at the moment is to consolidate in the Championship, build a decent squad over time, bring on the youngsters through the academy and hope that sometime we get to go up and maybe do a Swansea. But consolidation where we are is first priority, obviously.

1 Chelsea:thumbsup: Fans happy but snoozing at the games
2 Southampton Start of the season all doom and gloom!:down:
3 Manchester City Not happy with manager and euro form!:annoyed:
4 Manchester United Terrible season last year!:ohmy:
5 Newcastle United The manager must go(a few games ago)???
6 West Ham United The manager just a hoof ball merchant!:dunce:

So who is happy in the premier league? Even Charlton fans were not happy with mid table and the manager was sack so the club could push into euro places:facepalm: and we know what happened there kiddies! Even heard that the current Liverpool manager is the worst that they have ever had:tosser:(Liverpool fan on the radio today)

It seems that the modern fan mirrors society's greed and blame culture,nobody's happy anymore:moo:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The parachute payments would make us very happy the next few seasons though.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Looking at the Premier League table right now I see that the three bottom places are filled by the same 3 teams that got promoted out of the Championship last season.

Is this what we should expect when our day comes, or are we secretly hoping to do a Southampton?
If Burnley have any sense they'll know that they punched well above their weight by getting promoted and they'll already have budgeted for relegation. They'll come down, nicely bolstered by their PL income and parachute payments, and come back stronger. Hopefully that will be our lot someday.

Thinking of next season (assuming we're still in this division) as Brighton fans we need them to panic this Christmas. We need them to sign loads of expensive has-beens on crippling, long-term contracts and to sack Dyche.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Last 6 years only 1 of the 3 went straight back down....

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The parachute payments would make us very happy the next few seasons though.

Parachute payments make players happy, but looking at what we faced Saturday does it really make much difference? The main reason for me to get in the PL is to get Tone a deserved ROI

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Over the years there has always been this debate as to what's best to watch as a fan, a team who have a chance of fighting for promotion (most seasons) in a League they're mostly comfortable in, or watching one that is in a higher league but in the relegation zone or thereabouts and struggling to survive year after year. I personally prefer the first option but with the parachute payments now in place in the Premier League I can see the argument for aiming higher and taking your chances of doing what Southampton or Swansea have done in recent years.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

You wouldn't enjoy it , try to stay where you are and enjoy that .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here