Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thanks Piers Morgan

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Despite being Sussex born and bred (Newick), you choose to support Arsenal rather than your local team. Now you represent the sterotype plastic fan and infect the media with your rotten opinions:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02cnlpw

I'd be appalled if you represented the view of albion fans to the media like you do for Arsenal fans so thank god you were too much of a **** to ever be interested in the Albion.

Just remember Piers, if you ever show your ghastly face at the Amex, expect a similar response to the one you got in america - :wanker:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The man is a complete @rse. Who really gives a shit what he thinks about anything?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I can't think of him without remembering a contribution to the Uxbridge English Dictionary on I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue:

COUNTRYSIDE: To murder Piers Morgan.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So it's now the law that you must support your " local team"

So why haven't we got 250 thousand people clammering for tickets every week, and why is it that I know people from brighton who are crystal palace fans, and arsenal fans, and Tottenham fans etc. I take it Hugo you have never got the train to London on a Saturday from brighton/ sussex? The trains are packed full of fans who support other teams rather than brighton!

How has someone in newick any possible loyalty to a club 20 odd miles away?

So what about all those people who are sussex born and bred who live in Chichester and support Pompey then?

What a wierd view of supporting football you have

As for Morgan, he has been anti Wenger for quite a while now

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
In defence of Piers, he did well to get a slot on US primetime, what other Brit has ever done that?

As for his football, well the brutal reality is Sussex is full of people supporting London sides.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Moron is an odious little man, I'm eternally grateful that he has chosen another club.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
So it's now the law that you must support your " local team"

So why haven't we got 250 thousand people clammering for tickets every week, and why is it that I know people from brighton who are crystal palace fans, and arsenal fans, and Tottenham fans etc. I take it Hugo you have never got the train to London on a Saturday from brighton/ sussex? The trains are packed full of fans who support other teams rather than brighton!

How has someone in newick any possible loyalty to a club 20 odd miles away?

So what about all those people who are sussex born and bred who live in Chichester and support Pompey then?

What a wierd view of supporting football you have

As for Morgan, he has been anti Wenger for quite a while now

1. Because 250,000 don't all like football in the local area
2. Because not everyone is born and bred in Brighton
3. Because lots of fans are plastic
4. Can't see any logical reason to support Pompey, ever
5. Because many are influenced by the team their Dad supports rather than their local team (mind you my son supports Chelsea despite my best efforts)

Tend to agree that if you love football, and are born and bred near Brighton it would be odd not to support them, but then i was born in the late 60's and my formative footballing years were when Brighton were flying!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think this plastic term is itself pathetic. Just because someone doesn't go to every game or supports a team that appears sucessful at a moment in time, doesn't mean that they are " plastic", they have just made a choice to support a team.

When I was young, we moved away from Huddersfield and I had never been taken to a match by my dad so after coming back from overseas, living around the country, we went to matches at Chelsea, Swindon, Bristol city, reading, Oxford, Cardiff, ending up in brighton, but to be honest, if my dad hasn't sent my brother and I to the goldstone, we would have probably ended up going to London as there were far more glamorous and sucessful teams to support that a local seaside 3 rd division team.

If I had a son that wanted to watch football and chose someone other that brighton, I would have had no problem with that at all. I wouldn't call him plastic.

Btw, my mates father was talking about his support for arsenal the other day and he spoke passionately about a team that he had supported for over 60 years. He had only ever seen them live once as he couldn't afford the cost, not just the admission, but the travel costs etc. I suppose to the smug fans these days, he is a plastic?

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Why give him air time on here and the BBC and other outlets , he is only trying to get his career going again . Utter knob with no personality and as much talent as I have in my little toe .

Forget the grubby little man !

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
After reading his book 'The Insider' in c2005, I was a big fan of Piers Stefan Pughe-Morgan.

Since then, pretty much everything he's said and done has lowered my opinion of him.

Finally Falmer

Jul 18, 2010
I've always thought the ' support your local team' argument is flawed. If everybody really supported their local team then surely lots of cubs in areas that are sandwiched in between other clubs would potentially go out of business ?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I always bracket HB&B and Piers Morgan in the same bracket. Failed "journalists" with a higher opinion of themselves then anyone else on the planet has of them, with eminently punchable faces and a level of self entitlement that is frightening. It's almost like they are the same person. On the plus side they have tenacity in the face of an insurmountable lack of talent, and we all know that God loves a trier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here