Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liam Bridcutt to join Sheffield Wednesday on loan?

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
I wonder if Liam ever regrets going to Sunderland? Okay he gets premiership wages but he gets a lot of abuse from their fans. Now he's gone on loan to SW. I for one won't cheer him when he plays BHA!

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I wonder if Liam ever regrets going to Sunderland? Okay he gets premiership wages but he gets a lot of abuse from their fans. Now he's gone on loan to SW. I for one won't cheer him when he plays BHA!

The bottom line is he has played in the Premier league so he should be happy. Shame we cannot have him back on loan.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Can't blame him for going to Sunderland - would anyone not go when yours wages would be trebled?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The bottom line is he has played in the Premier league so he should be happy. Shame we cannot have him back on loan.

No thanks,he wanted out and i think that's good enough reason to say goodbye-period.

Elliot Bennett is the example of how to make a dignified exit and thus is welcome by me,that's how i see things anyway.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Presumably, Wednesday will have to pay all his wages?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Shows that we did quite well to get that 3m deal then.

Last edited:

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
But but i thought sunderland was a steping stone to real madrid.:wave:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Can't blame him for going to Sunderland - would anyone not go when yours wages would be trebled?

Mine were once,i worked hard for my employer,they offered an extra £5,000/pa to keep me and i turned them down,they said i was the best they had in 8 years,i worked my notice,well 2 weeks of it because they had found somebody else and fair enough,they gave me a chance when my previous job was lost and i repaid them and left on good terms albeit 2 weeks short..

So yes money is what it's all about but doing things the right way is what it's all about.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
No thanks,he wanted out and i think that's good enough reason to say goodbye-period.

Elliot Bennett is the example of how to make a dignified exit and thus is welcome by me,that's how i see things anyway.

The same Elliott Bennett who put in a transfer request? I don't blame any player who leaves for more money.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Wonder if Buckley will be shipped out on loan too ? I always wondered if Poyet signing Bridcutt and Buckley was just a means of him getting back at Bloom by destabilising us ?

We sold Bridcutt in January and still got to the playoffs, so it didn't de-stabilise us.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The same Elliott Bennett who put in a transfer request? I don't blame any player who leaves for more money.

Yes but i seem to recall also kept the vast majority of his toys in his pram and stayed focused and for that matter had no suspicious injuries/viruses that kept him from the field of play and did things properly..

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I don't think anyone blames a player of ours leaving to play in the Premiership. It's the manner in which they do it, and IMO, the way he conducted himself when he was looking to leave us made me lose all respect for him. Personally, I thought his attitude stank.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here