Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] STOCKDALE: TAKE PRIDE IN POINT

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
stock-l229-2098653_478x359.jpg

David Stockdale made some key saves at Carrow Road
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

David Stockdale says Brighton & Hove Albion’s players should be pleased with a point at Carrow Road.The Seagulls led 3-2 going into the final five minutes but substitute Gary Hooper's 86th-minute strike meant the spoils were shared, but the Albion keeper was positive about the result.
He told seagulls.co.uk, "Unfortunately we couldn’t hold on but it is still a good point at Norwich. It is not good when you are drawing, but it is a sign of where we want to be that we are not satisfied with a point here.
"It was a game for the neutrals, a 3-3 draw, but we felt we should have held on and got all three points. We didn't play our best but imagine if we had brought our 'A' game today.
“In the dressing room we feel we have dropped two points as were in our grasp but there are things to work on and we feel that things are starting to come to fruition.
“Looking at the positives, we came to Norwich and scored three goals and we are now unbeaten in three matches.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Stockdale played an integral role in Albion clinching a point, making numerous stops including a fantastic one-handed save to deny Bradley Johnson with the Canaries already 2-1 up.Explaining the save he said, “It was one of those chances where you know you have got a decision to make, so I told Hughesy [Aaron Hughes] to go to the ball and as he was going it was looking like Johnson was going to strike so I got set.
“I will have to see it back but it is one of them where you are just trying to keep your team in the game and do your job.
“I don't think I could do much to save their second goal and I was a bit unsighted for the third goal, although I am not sure I would have saved it if I had a clear sight it, but I would have had a better chance.
“There are the things we look at but I am happy with the saves I made. At the times the saves were made it felt like they made a difference to the team so they could build on it up the other end.”
Meanwhile the keeper praised Adrian Colunga’s display after the Spaniard set-up Albion’s opener before coolly passing the second-half penalty away.
He added, “I thought he was brilliant today. He worked hard for the team and you might say that is his preferred position but he always works hard wherever he plays.
“He looked at home, looked comfortable and that is the kind of player you get when he is on his day.”
[h=3]ALBION V fulham
[/h]SaturDAY 29TH November, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V millwall
[/h]friday 12th december, KICK-OFF 7:45PM

[h=3]Albion v reading
[/h]fRiDAY 26TH decEMber, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here