Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
sami-l2229-2098947_478x359.jpg

Sami Hyypia
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
08:34 23rd November 2014
by Paul Camillin
David Stockdale played very well and showed he is capable of making important saves"
Sami Hyypia

Brighton & Hove Albion boss Sami Hyypia praised returning goalkeeper David Stockdale for the role he played in yesterday's 3-3 draw with Norwich City.
Ruled out of the previous three games by a broken finger, he came back to make a number of saves, including, crucially, a brilliant one-handed stop to deny Bradley Johnson, as the midfielder looked to give Norwich a 3-1 lead.
The Albion keeper could do little to keep out clinical finishes by Jonathan Howson, Russell Martin and Gary Hooper, and Hyypia admitted he had no hesitation in recalling his first-choice keeper.
stock-f229-2095474.jpg

He said, "David Stockdale played very well and showed he is capable of making important saves. I had no doubts about bringing him back, we were assured before the game that his finger was okay and he was fit to start the game.
"He has used the time he has been out injured and has worked hard to improve and come back physically stronger. During the international break we have had two good weeks, where the players had some time off; we worked on fitness and a few little things.
"That has been very good for us, and many teams that come to Carrow Road would take one point, because they are a good side and have good players - but we came to win and I can't be 100 per cent happy when we don't get three points."

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Meanwhile Hyypia says he doesn't want to see a repeat of the debate which followed the award of the second-half penalty, which was eventually taken and scored by Adrian Colunga.
"I don't care who takes it, but what I don't want to see is the players fighting for the ball. That puts pressure on the person who takes it and it is unnecessary.
"We need to be much smarter in these situations and not put any extra pressure on the person stepping up to take the penalty."[h=3]ALBION V fulham
[/h]SaturDAY 29TH November, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V millwall
[/h]friday 12th december, KICK-OFF 7:45PM

[h=3]Albion v reading
[/h]fRiDAY 26TH decEMber, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here