Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Tony Bloom our manager?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Think about it.

He has spent £100 million on a stadium, and £15million on a training centre, most premiership clubs would be proud off.

Despite of what some on here think, he has hired some of the best business men for the off the field positions in the business.

So why does he continue to appoint untested foreign managers?

Poyet left under a cloud, which was as much to do with him walking out as it was with him being sacked. Clever business politics covered that up.

Oscar walked out with a year on his contract left.

We had quite a few managers with championship experience to pick from, yet we choose someone with no experience of managing in England???

And when Sami should be fired (he according to Tony Bloom has a play off squad, yet we find ourselves in a relegation scrap) he is under no pressure.

So, could it be Sami is just a puppet and if he goes, the truth might come out.

Three different managers, all playing a similair way.

Coincidence? Or is someone else calling the shots?

Do we pick the best manager? Do do we pick a yes man who can be controlled?

What other reason could there be for picking Sami over the manager who where available?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It makes perfect sense. This is why we've bought so many midgets for the team. It's to make sure Tony doesn't have to strain his neck giving the team talk in the dressing room.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Your argument was rendered null & void to me at the point I realised you were including Gus Poyet in the "yes man" category.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Think about it.

He has spent £100 million on a stadium, and £15million on a training centre, most premiership clubs would be proud off.

Despite of what some on here think, he has hired some of the best business men for the off the field positions in the business.

So why does he continue to appoint untested foreign managers?

Poyet left under a cloud, which was as much to do with him walking out as it was with him being sacked. Clever business politics covered that up.

Oscar walked out with a year on his contract left.

We had quite a few managers with championship experience to pick from, yet we choose someone with no experience of managing in England???

And when Sami should be fired (he according to Tony Bloom has a play off squad, yet we find ourselves in a relegation scrap) he is under no pressure.

So, could it be Sami is just a puppet and if he goes, the truth might come out.

Three different managers, all playing a similair way.

Coincidence? Or is someone else calling the shots?

Do we pick the best manager? Do do we pick a yes man who can be controlled?

What other reason could there be for picking Sami over the manager who where available?
Withdean debts
Stadium
Stadium expansion
Academy
Make that around 160 million

That means he can do as he wishes:smile:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Your argument was rendered null & void to me at the point I realised you were including Gus Poyet in the "yes man" category.

Blimey Edna you did well getting that far.

For me the argument was rendered null & void at this point:-

Is Tony Bloom our manager?
Think about it.

I did, he's not.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
The real question is "Is Tony Bloom our manager, usurping the role that by rights belongs to NSC blowhards, and NSC blowhards alone?"

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
As Goldstone Rapper said, it was when TB had his photo taken standing next to Sami Hyppia when he first got the job, that convinced him to never employ a tall person again.

Us short arses rule, OK!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Gus is clearly not a yes man, but he had no experience as a manager when he came here, and look how that ended. Oscar also had limited experiences and walked out half way through his contract, when to the outside world he had one of the most sort after jobs outside the top flight. Both left us under a whirl of "spin" from the club, but do we know the true reasons why either went. Neither seem to talk about the reasons, and I wonder why that may be???

Then along comes Sami, when vastly more experienced managers where either overlooked or not interested, with Sami having very limited experience. Three very different managers, all playing a very similair formation/style.

As I say, why hire a top class business team to run the club, but two inexperienced nobodies (no offense to them, but thats what Sami and Nathan are in managerial terms) to run the team?

Would Bloom sack Paul Barber and bring in a CEO straight from college, of course he wouldn't, so why has he done exactly this with the playing side of the club?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
No. But he is our Chairman. Go and do a crash course on the difference in roles.
Sorry, should have read "back seat manager" but I expected people to work that out for themselves?

I'll ask you the same question as well then. Would Bloom sack Paul Barber and bring in a CEO straight from college, of course he wouldn't, so why has he done exactly this with the playing side of the club? Do the experienced managers want more control over managing the team than we are willing to allow them?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Gus is clearly not a yes man, but he had no experience as a manager when he came here, and look how that ended. Oscar also had limited experiences and walked out half way through his contract, when to the outside world he had one of the most sort after jobs outside the top flight. Both left us under a whirl of "spin" from the club, but do we know the true reasons why either went. Neither seem to talk about the reasons, and I wonder why that may be???

Then along comes Sami, when vastly more experienced managers where either overlooked or not interested, with Sami having very limited experience. Three very different managers, all playing a very similair formation/style.

As I say, why hire a top class business team to run the club, but two inexperienced nobodies (no offense to them, but thats what Sami and Nathan are in managerial terms) to run the team?

Would Bloom sack Paul Barber and bring in a CEO straight from college, of course he wouldn't, so why has he done exactly this with the playing side of the club?

good point , well made...jones is , in footballing terms ,a nobody.....if Sammy is going to learn anything it ain't gonna be off Nathan.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Sorry, should have read "back seat manager" but I expected people to work that out for themselves?

I'll ask you the same question as well then. Would Bloom sack Paul Barber and bring in a CEO straight from college, of course he wouldn't, so why has he done exactly this with the playing side of the club? Do the experienced managers want more control over managing the team than we are willing to allow them?

Despite the scorn that your OP has generated, I think you have a point with this observation.

Of course TB wouldn't recruit an inexperienced CEO, yet with Gus, Oscar & now Sami, he has done just that with the manager/Head Coach job. I don't know why - your suggested motive could be right. Equally, it could be that TB wants a manager that wants to play in a "Brighton style", though Sami's early dalliance with advanced full backs was a departure from the previous two seasons. Alternatively, it could be that TB doesn't want a manager with a "bad" attitude or baggage, so that the club isn't mired in off-the-field controversy - that worked out well with Gus, didn't it?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here